thunderbird issue

cecropia64

hi:

using latest version of thunderbird and NVDA.  whenever i pull up a new message, i hear a zero before the message is announced. does anyone else get this and how do i stop it?  thanks

stew

Blake Roberts <BEarlRoberts@...>

Hi,
The solution is to use the NVDA add-on Mozilla Apps Enhancements. You can download it here:
https://nvda-addons.org/addon.php?id=5
After installing the add-on, do the following.
1. Open Thunderbird.
2. Press NVDAKey+h. A list of columns should come up.
3. Find the item labeled "junk status".
4. Tab to the "down" button.
5. Move the junk column down a few times. I myself move the junk column to the next to last column, causing 0 to be spoken before the date field. The 0 announcement is much less annoying there.

I suggest joining the Thunderbird group for any additional TB questions which you might have. It is primarily intended for screen reader users. Link to Thunderbird group:
https://groups.io/g/thunderbird
Relevant email addresses such as how to subscribe are located at the groups.io link which I provided above.

Blake

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi Blake,

I downloaded and installed the addon Mozila enhanced, and then I found the button Down, and checked Deleted. Nvda in Thunderbird says 0 delete col.

Is it right?

Jarek

Dne 08.11.2021 v 1:14 Blake Roberts via groups.io napsal(a):

Hi,
The solution is to use the NVDA add-on Mozilla Apps Enhancements. You can download it here:
1. Open Thunderbird.
5. Move the junk column down a few times. I myself move the junk column to the next to last column, causing 0 to be spoken before the date field. The 0 announcement is much less annoying there.

I suggest joining the Thunderbird group for any additional TB questions which you might have. It is primarily intended for screen reader users. Link to Thunderbird group:
Relevant email addresses such as how to subscribe are located at the groups.io link which I provided above.

Blake
--
Jarek

Blake Roberts <BEarlRoberts@...>

Jarek,
As I wrote earlier, you need to move the "junk status" column down using the "down" button. In my past experience, moving the "junk status" column is all I have done with the add-on installed.
Blake

Blake,

Also remember that you have the option (via the option button) to access the native Thunderbird column list and check or uncheck the various columns to make them show or hide.

Enter, when sitting on the entry for a given column, toggles the given state.  Up and down arrow moves through the list of columns.

It's cleaner just to hide those columns you don't want than to let them stay on display and it's easy to do.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.

~ John F. Kennedy

tim

Yep, with all the new updates for all of that and that function still don't work.

You hit space bar or enter on options and it cloes. What your talking about don't come up no more.

On 11/8/2021 10:59 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Blake,

Also remember that you have the option (via the option button) to access the native Thunderbird column list and check or uncheck the various columns to make them show or hide.

Enter, when sitting on the entry for a given column, toggles the given state.  Up and down arrow moves through the list of columns.

It's cleaner just to hide those columns you don't want than to let them stay on display and it's easy to do.
--

~ John F. Kennedy

tim

Keep hitting that down button and it will be out of your way for good at the end.

On 11/8/2021 8:27 AM, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:
Hi Blake,

I downloaded and installed the addon Mozila enhanced, and then I found the button Down, and checked Deleted. Nvda in Thunderbird says 0 delete col.

Is it right?

Jarek

Dne 08.11.2021 v 1:14 Blake Roberts via groups.io napsal(a):
Hi,
1. Open Thunderbird.

Blake

On Mon, Nov 8, 2021 at 12:28 PM, tim wrote:
What your talking about don't come up no more.
-
Yes, it does.   I test anything I am about to post just before I post it because things can change.  I only wish others did the same.

The options button works with the latest NVDA beta and the latest version of the Mozilla Enhancements add-on.

--

~ John F. Kennedy

Gene

It does work.  Press the space bar on options.  Then don’t move around with tab.  Start down arrowing.  You will be in a list of fields.  Check or uncheck them with the space hbar.
Press escape to return to the message list.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2021 11:28 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] thunderbird issue

Yep, with all the new updates for all of that and that function still don't work.

You hit space bar or enter on options and it cloes. What your talking about don't come up no more.

Blake,

--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

~ John F. Kennedy

tim

Sorry, it just closes no mater if space bar or enter. So if you arrow down your going to the next folder in list.

It did that before my reinstall of total everything for new drive.

update everything to currant and still same action.

That really don't bug me much, because what does work is usable.

On 11/8/2021 3:50 PM, Gene wrote:
It does work.  Press the space bar on options.  Then don’t move around with tab.  Start down arrowing.  You will be in a list of fields.  Check or uncheck them with the space hbar.

Gene

Blake,

--

~ John F. Kennedy

Gene

We’ll see what others say.  I reported the behavior I experience and Brian reported his behavior.  I don’t know this but I think my report is the representative behavior, but if others report, we’ll see.

Gene

Sent: Monday, November 08, 2021 6:24 PM

Sorry, it just closes no mater if space bar or enter. So if you arrow down your going to the next folder in list.

It did that before my reinstall of total everything for new drive.

update everything to currant and still same action.

That really don't bug me much, because what does work is usable.

On 11/8/2021 3:50 PM, Gene wrote:

Gene

Blake,

--

~ John F. Kennedy