Topics

Thunderbird Quick key folder navigation addon

Don H

My thunderbird just installed a update to version 78.3.2.  This update once again made the quick key folder addon unreliable. Sometimes it works and other times it does not.

There is an updated version of the add-on, too.  Remove the current one and fetch the new one.

This was an odd "really major" jump in Thunderbird version and just like Thunderbird had not been self-updating a lot of the add-ons weren't, either.

     ~ Kelley Boorn

Don H

Sorry to say after uninstalling and reinstalling the quick folder key nav addon it still doesn't work as it should.  You can go to the addons options and make sure it is checked that it is enabled and it works until you close Thunderbird and reopen thunderbird where it no longer works.

On 10/7/2020 4:24 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
There is an updated version of the add-on, too.  Remove the current one and fetch the new one.

This was an odd "really major" jump in Thunderbird version and just like Thunderbird had not been self-updating a lot of the add-ons weren't, either.

     ~ Kelley Boorn

Then I'd uninstall and reinstall Thunderbird itself.  I believe you are asked whether you wish to retain your account information when you do this, but it's been ages since I have.

The latest versions of Tbird and the add-on have worked as per usual on my machines where I have both.

     ~ Kelley Boorn

Annette Moore

It doesn't work for me until I open a message, but once I open at least one message, it works just fine, until I close Thunderbird. Upon reopening it, I just repeat the process, open a message and quick key folder navigation works as it should. A bit quirky, but I can live with it. If it starts not working at all, then I'll have to uninstall and reinstall the add-on. for now, though, it works fine like this.

Annette