thunderbird selected

Hi.

Just noticed in the message body of thunderbird, whenever I read a message, when viewing, nvda will say selected at the end of the end of the current read line.

I could I guess make it stop saying selected while in thunderbird with an app profile but that would probably stop it saying selected when I navigate history and address book and thats not what I want.

Gene

See if the problem is the NVDA sticky key problem.  For now, quit NVDA, then run it again.  Does the problem still occur?

Gene

On 9/8/2021 3:16 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi.

Just noticed in the message body of thunderbird, whenever I read a message, when viewing, nvda will say selected at the end of the end of the current read line.

I could I guess make it stop saying selected while in thunderbird with an app profile but that would probably stop it saying selected when I navigate history and address book and thats not what I want.

Strangely enough after I restarted the system its not doing that anymore.

On 8/09/2021 9:02 pm, Gene wrote:
See if the problem is the NVDA sticky key problem.  For now, quit NVDA, then run it again.  Does the problem still occur?

Gene

On 9/8/2021 3:16 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi.

Just noticed in the message body of thunderbird, whenever I read a message, when viewing, nvda will say selected at the end of the end of the current read line.

I could I guess make it stop saying selected while in thunderbird with an app profile but that would probably stop it saying selected when I navigate history and address book and thats not what I want.

Gene

You don’t need to restart the system.  This is an NVDA problem in which certain keys get stuck on.  In future, since selecting is a function of the shift key, press each shift key quickly four times.  That should solve the problem.  the reason I said to quit NVDA, then restart it as a test is to test whether this is that NVDA problem.

Also, the reason I said to press each shift four times is that, at least in earlier versions of Windows, pressing it five times would bring up a sticky keys dialog.  That is unrelated to the problem I am discussing but to keep it from coming up, press each shift four times.

There may be other times when you will see other odd behavior.  At those times, pressing each control quickly a number of times, each alt a number of times, and the NVDA key a number of times should solve the problem.  Press the NVDA key, if it is the insert, an even number of times to avoid overwrite from being enabled.  If it is enabled, press it twice quickly again.

Gene

On 8/09/2021 9:02 pm, Gene wrote:
> See if the problem is the NVDA sticky key problem.  For now, quit
> NVDA, then run it again.  Does the problem still occur?
>

> Gene
>
> On 9/8/2021 3:16 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Just noticed in the message body of thunderbird, whenever I read a
>> message, when viewing, nvda will say selected at the end of the end
>> of the current read line.
>>
>> I could I guess make it stop saying selected while in thunderbird
>> with an app profile but that would probably stop it saying selected
>> when I navigate history and address book and thats not what I want.

I didn't restart because of the error, I turned off my system because I was going away from it.

This board does type strangely.

I keep planning to take off the caps of this gaming board, warm rince them and then wipe off the switches but never get round to it.

So this board is probably a bit dirty its never really been cleaned bar with vacuum gently since I got it so maybe its full of junk under there.

On 8/09/2021 9:02 pm, Gene wrote:
> See if the problem is the NVDA sticky key problem.  For now, quit
> NVDA, then run it again.  Does the problem still occur?
>

> Gene
>
> On 9/8/2021 3:16 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Just noticed in the message body of thunderbird, whenever I read a
>> message, when viewing, nvda will say selected at the end of the end
>> of the current read line.
>>
>> I could I guess make it stop saying selected while in thunderbird
>> with an app profile but that would probably stop it saying selected
>> when I navigate history and address book and thats not what I want.

Gene

This problem has nothing to do with physically dirty keys.  It is an NVDA problem in which modifier keys may become stuck on, not physically but in the functioning of the computer.  This was discussed a number of months ago and others verified the problem.