Topics

Touch Screen doesn't work with NVDA

Denis Sariyannis

Hi all,
I am using touch screens for ages now. So I tried to use the Enhanced Touch Screen Gestures add-in on my Surface Pro 7.
It does not work at all. Most of times NVDA or the screen does not recognize my single clicks with one finger. Also I have to tap with four fingers several times until I get into learning mode.
Most of my gestures are simply recognized as something else.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Best regards
Denis

--
Denis Sariyannis
Mail: denis.sariyannis@...

Hi,

Try (you need to use type cover or another keyboard for this):

  1. Open NVDA menu/Preferences/Settings.
  2. Scroll through categories until you arrive at Enhanced Touch Gestures (it should be one of the last items).
  3. Check if “enable touch” checkbox is checked.

Based on the description you gave us, it appears NVDA’s touch support routine isn’t recognizing some touch gestures properly. This might be caused by either touch support being turned off from NVDA (that’s what the above step was checking for), something going on with touchscreen hardware, or touchscreen controller driver. If it’s hardware or driver, I advise asking Microsoft to look into this (Surface Pro 7 was made by Microsoft).

Cheers,

Joseph

I am using touch screens for ages now. So I tried to use the Enhanced Touch Screen Gestures add-in on my Surface Pro 7.

It does not work at all. Most of times NVDA or the screen does not recognize my single clicks with one finger. Also I have to tap with four fingers several times until I get into learning mode.

Most of my gestures are simply recognized as something else.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Best regards

Denis

--

Denis Sariyannis
Mail: denis.sariyannis@...
Phone: +49 6227 6982766
Mobile: +49 176 66830900

Denis Sariyannis

Hi Joseph,
thanks for your quick reply.
Touch Screen Support is activated.

Am Do., 2. Juli 2020 um 20:40 Uhr schrieb Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>:

[...]

Sorry, please ignore my last mail.
Hi Joseph,
thanks for your quick reply.
Touch Screen Support is activated. Just checked.
I just tested it with the learning mode of Narrator and it works perfectly. My gestures are always recognized well, also the numbers of fingers I use. I don't know what's wrong.

Best
Denis