Topics

Transfering configuration profile settings from a portable copy to an installed copy?

Akshaya Choudhary

 Helllo guys,
I have a portable copy of NVDA on my pen drive with all my desired settings and add-ons. Now, I wish to instal NVDA on my PC. Is there a way I can transfer all my desired settings and add-ons from the portable copy to this installed version?
I think that may include transfering configuration profile somehow.
All suggestions are welcome.

--
Regards,
Sociohack

Tyler Spivey

There's an install NVDA option in the tools menu. You can use that, or if you already have it installed, just copy the contents of portable directory\userconfig to %appdata%\nvda.

On 3/1/2020 8:58 PM, Akshaya Choudhary wrote:
 Helllo guys,
I have a portable copy of NVDA on my pen drive with all my desired settings and add-ons. Now, I wish to instal NVDA on my PC. Is there a way I can transfer all my desired settings and add-ons from the portable copy to this installed version?
I think that may include transfering configuration profile somehow.
All suggestions are welcome.

--
Regards,
Sociohack

Akshaya Choudhary

Will the install option in the tools menu install the latest version or the version of my choice? I wish to use NVDA 2019.2.1
--
Regards,
Sociohack

Vaibhav Bhandari

The install option from the tools menu will install the version you
are running as the portable copy.

On 3/3/20, Akshaya Choudhary <@Akshaya> wrote:
Will the install option in the tools menu install the latest version or the
version of my choice? I wish to use NVDA 2019.2.1
--
Regards,
Sociohack

--
Thanks/regards: Vaibhav Bhandari

Roger Stewart

When you install from a portable copy, you should find the option to copy current user configuration. Make sure you check this box and all the settings you have in the portable copy will be transferred to the installed copy.
Roger

On 3/2/2020 11:55 PM, Vaibhav Bhandari wrote:
The install option from the tools menu will install the version you
are running as the portable copy.

On 3/3/20, Akshaya Choudhary <@Akshaya> wrote:
Will the install option in the tools menu install the latest version or the
version of my choice? I wish to use NVDA 2019.2.1
--
Regards,
Sociohack

Akshaya Choudhary

Alright guys, the issue got resolved. I managed to have an installed copy with the desired settings from the portable copy. Thank you everyone for their suggestions, they really helped.
--
Regards,
Sociohack