From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Grossoehme
Sent: May 17, 2022 10:50 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Trouble with Groups.io

Hi: I know this should be on the chat group, but I have had a problem with my email. I didn't receive messages for about 24 hours. I had my son's help to get messages back for the nvda email, otherwise I wouldn't be writing this message. I am questioning if I have been blocked out of my email address for that reason from groups. I can't even get a link sent to me to get on the groups.io. I don't use the groups.io web site enough to have a password for them. Can anyone help here, as far as a hint to get to where I can resubscribe to the group emails that I have been on from groups.io for several years?

Dave

As a side note, although this is not in the group rules, I have often mentioned that the occasional question about Groups.io itself, and how to use the service or problems with it, are OK.  If you can't get a mailing list service to work (regardless of which one) there's no point in having it.

The above having been said, if you have suddenly stopped receiving Groups.io messages, whether individual messages, digests, etc., that you have been receiving for years and have not received any notices from Groups.io either immediately prior to or after this happening, I'd be getting in touch with your email service provider to see if they can figure out if there is an issue on their end.

If you check with friends/acquaintances that you know from Groups.io groups, and confirm that they're still getting messages, then you can be quite certain that Groups.io itself has not suffered an outage.  And if there's no Groups.io outage, and your message spigot seems to have been turned off, it's not likely to have occurred other than on the receiving end, that of your email service provider, rather than the sending end.

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed

Dave Grossoehme

Thank you for responding quickly.  I'm receiving messages from the NVDA@nvda.groups.io and the blind handyman group and blind tech email list which are all on groups.io.  But can not receive a link from groups.io in order to log in to the web page.

Dave

On 5/17/2022 11:04 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
[...]

Jackie

They'll send you a password reset link if you just go to the groups.io
website & tell em you forgot your pw. Then you can log in. Probly the
easiest way.

On 5/17/22, Dave Grossoehme <dave@...> wrote:
[...]

*/You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them
by ignoring them.

On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 11:12 AM, Dave Grossoehme wrote:
But can not receive a link from groups.io in order to log in to the web page.
-
Dave,

I have documented how to get yourself (the generic you) setup to be able to log in to the Groups.io website in:  Establishing a Groups.io Website Account Password If You’ve Been an E-Mail Only User (docx)  as well as how to change your email address for all groups.io groups you're already subscribed to, in one fell swoop, using the web interface to do so:  Changing the Email Address for Your Groups.io Account (docx)

So there are both tutorials posted again.

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed

Gene

I'm not writing this to give you a hard time, but you do need to finish setting up your account.  It isn't a question of how often you use the site.  You regularly use the groups and without a password, you cannot efficiently ddeal with problems even if they occur rarely.

It is no more difficult finishing signing up than it is for any other typical site.  You evidently were bouncing.  I haven't had enough bouncing problems to recall just what needs to be done.  I think that if you have been bouncing, there is one unbounce link you work with to unbounce your account, not every list separately.  If you were bouncing, you should have gotten an unbounce link.  If you don't see one either in your regular mail or in your spam filter, I believe you can unbounce yourself in the your account which you need to be signed in to access.

I think even using the unbounce link requires you to sign into your account to be unbounced  once you follow it.

Gene

On 5/17/2022 9:49 AM, Dave Grossoehme wrote:
Hi:  I know this should be on the chat group, but I have had a problem with my email.  I didn't receive messages for about 24 hours.  I had my son's help to get messages back for the nvda email, otherwise I wouldn't be writing this message.  I am questioning if I have been blocked out of my email address for that reason from groups.  I can't even get a link sent to me to get on the groups.io.  I don't use the groups.io web site enough to have a password for them.  Can anyone help here, as far as a hint to get to where I can resubscribe to the group emails that I have been on from groups.io for several years?

Dave

.

Gene

I saw your message stating that you aren't receiving a logon link that you sent to another list.  That is why I said you need to finish setting up your account.  You need to be able to log into your account if problems like this exist and you say you can't now.

Gene

On 5/17/2022 10:12 AM, Dave Grossoehme wrote:

[...]

They don't have a link for forgot your password.  There is a place to enter your email address, and they are suppose to send a link to login, but I have tried twice today, and no link yet. It's about 3 hours from the first time it should have been sent. I had to use the subscribe address to get 3 of the list, but no luck, as far as the rest of my list.  No bounce message when server was reloaded on our part.

Dave

On 5/17/2022 11:14 AM, Jackie wrote:
[...]

Sarah k Alawami

Actually I don’t use a password for groups.io, never have. I just sign in using SSO from google.  It works a lot better IMHO.

[...]

He is right. You don't reset your password, you just click log in, one site I use that has this as well is odysee where you enter your email, you get sent a link and you click it to log in, no need for a pwd.