Trying to find where to click to register for a master class

Pranav Lal

Hi all,

I am trying to register for the master class mentioned at the below link.
https://strongerbonesmasterclass.com/?_ef_transaction_id=&oid=1&affid=11&sub
1=20220430hss

I cannot find where to click to register. Does such a place exist or is it
one of those screen reader invisible floating buttons?
Pranav

Luke Davis

Pranav Lal wrote:

I am trying to register for the master class mentioned at the below link.
I cannot find where to click to register. Does such a place exist or is it
one of those screen reader invisible floating buttons?
In Firefox, I was able to press enter on any of the "get instant access" non-buttons. It pops up an automatically-talking form to fill in.

Luke

Gene

I tried pressing enter on a get instant access control both in Brave and Firefox and in both cases, I was placed in a form to enter information and submit it.

Don't assume that you can't or shouldn't try things just because a screen-reader doesn't identify some thing as clickable, a link, a button, etc.  If text makes sense to try to press enter on or use the simulated mouse, in other words try different things, then try it.  Using the Internet to its fullest means not assuming your screen-reader will tell you everything in terms of identifying every control as a control.  Try something if it is logical to do so and you think it is safe.

Gene

On 5/1/2022 1:32 AM, Luke Davis wrote:
Pranav Lal wrote:

I am trying to register for the master class mentioned at the below link.
I cannot find where to click to register. Does such a place exist or is it
one of those screen reader invisible floating buttons?
In Firefox, I was able to press enter on any of the "get instant access" non-buttons. It pops up an automatically-talking form to fill in.

Luke

Pranav Lal

Hi Gene,

I was in browse mode when I tried hitting enter on various bits of text and nothing happened. I'll try again from forms mode and ideally, given experiences of people on this list, it should work.

Pranav

Pranav Lal wrote:

I am trying to register for the master class mentioned at the below
link.
I cannot find where to click to register. Does such a place exist or
is it one of those screen reader invisible floating buttons?
In Firefox, I was able to press enter on any of the "get instant
access" non-buttons. It pops up an automatically-talking form to fill in.

Luke

Just as an FYI, in that page's source code, this appears to be the line used to create that non-button button.  I don't think I've ever encountered class "btn-shape" before.

The inventions in HTML coding are still very active indeed.  [I'm sure someone will tell me, though, that btn-shape has been around forever after this.]

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed

Gene

It should have worked in browse mode.  I tested in browse mode.  I'm not sure you can move to the text when not in forms mode because it isn't seen as a control.

If you have more than one browser, try another.

Gene

Pranav Lal wrote:

I am trying to register for the master class mentioned at the below
link.
I cannot find where to click to register. Does such a place exist or
is it one of those screen reader invisible floating buttons?
In Firefox, I was able to press enter on any of the "get instant
access" non-buttons. It pops up an automatically-talking form to fill in.

Luke

.

Jackie

I did it if Firefox by:
1) going to the graphic that says:
Kevin Ellis, Certified Health Coach & Osteoporosis Thriver.
2) Pressing NVDA + enter.

Pranav Lal wrote:

I am trying to register for the master class mentioned at the below
link.
I cannot find where to click to register. Does such a place exist or
is it one of those screen reader invisible floating buttons?
In Firefox, I was able to press enter on any of the "get instant
access" non-buttons. It pops up an automatically-talking form to fill
in.

Luke

.

Pranav Lal

Hi Jackie and all,

Jackie, thanks for the steps. My mistake was to look for a button to rsvp where as what I should have done is to hit enter on the "get instance access" text.

I wish these squeeze pages were better built.

Pranav