Topics

tubi add on?

Ame
 

Hi all!

 

I like to use Tubi on my computer… or, I did.  All of a sudden, I can’t get the video I’ve chosen to play.  It started this a few weeks ago.  Is there an add on for Tubi?  Is there anything I can do in my browser settings or something?

 

Thanks

 

Ame

Sarah k Alawami
 

Have you tried the youtube website at all in trhe past few months? I don't use youtube anymore infavore of lbry [library] but they have keystrokes for just about everythign now a days from starting to stoping to rewinding to the seak slider. Google for youtube web keyboard shortcuts.

Good luck.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 6 Jun 2020, at 12:08, Ame wrote:

Hi all!

 

I like to use Tubi on my computer… or, I did.  All of a sudden, I can’t get the video I’ve chosen to play.  It started this a few weeks ago.  Is there an add on for Tubi?  Is there anything I can do in my browser settings or something?

 

Thanks

 

Ame

JM Casey
 

The youtube keystrokes work absolutely great in chrome, but the person there is talking about tubi, not youtube…

I haven’t really looked into tubi but it’s a great resource for cult movie fans especially as they stream a lot of stuff on there.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: June 6, 2020 3:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] tubi add on?

 

Have you tried the youtube website at all in trhe past few months? I don't use youtube anymore infavore of lbry [library] but they have keystrokes for just about everythign now a days from starting to stoping to rewinding to the seak slider. Google for youtube web keyboard shortcuts.

Good luck.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 6 Jun 2020, at 12:08, Ame wrote:

Hi all!

 

I like to use Tubi on my computer… or, I did.  All of a sudden, I can’t get the video I’ve chosen to play.  It started this a few weeks ago.  Is there an add on for Tubi?  Is there anything I can do in my browser settings or something?

 

Thanks

 

Ame

Sarah k Alawami
 

Oh, my bad. I thought they meant something like to download youtube movies etc which I do all the time. I had a similarly named program once hwnce why I got confused, sorry about that.

Good luck in your finding the answer as I'm out.

Blessings and happy Saturday

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 6 Jun 2020, at 12:38, JM Casey wrote:

The youtube keystrokes work absolutely great in chrome, but the person there is talking about tubi, not youtube…

I haven’t really looked into tubi but it’s a great resource for cult movie fans especially as they stream a lot of stuff on there.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: June 6, 2020 3:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] tubi add on?

 

Have you tried the youtube website at all in trhe past few months? I don't use youtube anymore infavore of lbry [library] but they have keystrokes for just about everythign now a days from starting to stoping to rewinding to the seak slider. Google for youtube web keyboard shortcuts.

Good luck.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 6 Jun 2020, at 12:08, Ame wrote:

Hi all!

 

I like to use Tubi on my computer… or, I did.  All of a sudden, I can’t get the video I’ve chosen to play.  It started this a few weeks ago.  Is there an add on for Tubi?  Is there anything I can do in my browser settings or something?

 

Thanks

 

Ame

JM Casey
 

I’m interested too because I like the sound of limitless old cult films at my fingertips so I’ve been thinking of trying out this service.

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: June 6, 2020 4:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] tubi add on?

 

Oh, my bad. I thought they meant something like to download youtube movies etc which I do all the time. I had a similarly named program once hwnce why I got confused, sorry about that.

Good luck in your finding the answer as I'm out.

Blessings and happy Saturday

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 6 Jun 2020, at 12:38, JM Casey wrote:

The youtube keystrokes work absolutely great in chrome, but the person there is talking about tubi, not youtube…

I haven’t really looked into tubi but it’s a great resource for cult movie fans especially as they stream a lot of stuff on there.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: June 6, 2020 3:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] tubi add on?

 

Have you tried the youtube website at all in trhe past few months? I don't use youtube anymore infavore of lbry [library] but they have keystrokes for just about everythign now a days from starting to stoping to rewinding to the seak slider. Google for youtube web keyboard shortcuts.

Good luck.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 6 Jun 2020, at 12:08, Ame wrote:

Hi all!

 

I like to use Tubi on my computer… or, I did.  All of a sudden, I can’t get the video I’ve chosen to play.  It started this a few weeks ago.  Is there an add on for Tubi?  Is there anything I can do in my browser settings or something?

 

Thanks

 

Ame

hurrikennyandopo ...
 

Hi


I am not aware of a add on for Tubi but I know the website you are talking about. I contacted them not all that long ago when some one told me about Tubi. I have asked them to asign short cuts for the player or make it more accessible and also mentioned about unlabeled buttons etc They said the following below.


Thanks for contacting Tubi Support.
We do not have this feature yet but I will forward your request to our Product Team.

or did I not say about the buttons it can be another ticket I would have to read my emails.


But if the person wants to use it with a smart phone it is pretty accessible on android. I have a Samsung tv with the App on it and it is accessible with the screen reader there 2.


the website at present if you pick a show will either automatically play the shows depending on the browser. Or if you jump down by headings at times I think it is said clickable it can be started that way 2.

This is with NVDA or it would also be the same with another screen reader.


I think also my keyboard with media buttons was able to play and pause the show.


you can also if you sign up for a account play on one device then go to another and finish watching on that one. You just need to activate the other devices. It is free with next to know advertising.



the player will appear for a little bit of time then disappear. The buttons in it are not labeled but in some cases you can change screen size or move the slider etc.


They have a lot of content up there for free.


If any one is interested later on tonight I will put up a tutorial for TUBi TV either to use with nvda or a mobile device. The bottom parts of it is adding stuff to a cue or deleting from your history.


Gene nz


If enough people email them from the community and say you use a screen reader it will most probably happen.



On 7/06/2020 8:21 am, JM Casey wrote:

I’m interested too because I like the sound of limitless old cult films at my fingertips so I’ve been thinking of trying out this service.

 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: June 6, 2020 4:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] tubi add on?

 

Oh, my bad. I thought they meant something like to download youtube movies etc which I do all the time. I had a similarly named program once hwnce why I got confused, sorry about that.

Good luck in your finding the answer as I'm out.

Blessings and happy Saturday

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 6 Jun 2020, at 12:38, JM Casey wrote:

The youtube keystrokes work absolutely great in chrome, but the person there is talking about tubi, not youtube…

I haven’t really looked into tubi but it’s a great resource for cult movie fans especially as they stream a lot of stuff on there.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: June 6, 2020 3:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] tubi add on?

 

Have you tried the youtube website at all in trhe past few months? I don't use youtube anymore infavore of lbry [library] but they have keystrokes for just about everythign now a days from starting to stoping to rewinding to the seak slider. Google for youtube web keyboard shortcuts.

Good luck.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 6 Jun 2020, at 12:08, Ame wrote:

Hi all!

 

I like to use Tubi on my computer… or, I did.  All of a sudden, I can’t get the video I’ve chosen to play.  It started this a few weeks ago.  Is there an add on for Tubi?  Is there anything I can do in my browser settings or something?

 

Thanks

 

Ame

Ame
 

Oh I know.  It’s neat.  Trouble is, whe nI use it on the computer, I click on things, look for clickable graphics and so forth and it never plays for me.  That’s my problem.  I can’t make it start playing.  I’ve even made sure java and flash and anything else that might pose a problem are activated and ready to go.

hurrikennyandopo ...
 

Hi Which browser are you using? In the tutorial there is a section of different ways in playing the videos. some will automatically just start and with some other browsers it starts a different way.


The page it comes off is http://accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html

The subject line that you jump down to by headings is using tubi tv with nvda but has a little on mobile devices with the app. they are more accessible with talk back and have been told voice over and on my samsung tv it works with voice guide. some qwerks but I can live with that.


They are probably more accessible than the web part but if a few people asked them to add short cuts to the player and label  some of the buttons etc a lot of visually impaired people will be happy.



On the link given to where the tutorial can be found there i is a section on starting the movie/show with a browser.


hope it helps.


Gene nz


On 8/06/2020 9:57 am, Ame wrote:

Oh I know.  It’s neat.  Trouble is, whe nI use it on the computer, I click on things, look for clickable graphics and so forth and it never plays for me.  That’s my problem.  I can’t make it start playing.  I’ve even made sure java and flash and anything else that might pose a problem are activated and ready to go.

Ame
 

I’m using Chrome and have been for a long time..  What I can’t figure out is why it stopped automatically playing all of a sudden.  It’s been about a month.  I’ll surf the site and see what I can find about changes and how to do what with various browsers.

JM Casey
 

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ame
Sent: June 7, 2020 8:20 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] tubi add on?

 

I’m using Chrome and have been for a long time..  What I can’t figure out is why it stopped automatically playing all of a sudden.  It’s been about a month.  I’ll surf the site and see what I can find about changes and how to do what with various browsers.

hurrikennyandopo ...
 

Hi


When I just went into google chrome it played automatically.  I wonder on some websites if you have a add blocker it will stop you from playing shows but they usually give you a message to turn it off. I wonder if that is the case if you have one can you disable it  then try it again.

It may not be the problem but you never know.

I have not got a add blocker on it at present I did but for a website I am testing for accessibility it wanted it off and I can not remember if I just disabled it or removed it.


Gene nz


Gene nz

 

On 8/06/2020 1:21 pm, JM Casey wrote:

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ame
Sent: June 7, 2020 8:20 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] tubi add on?

 

I’m using Chrome and have been for a long time..  What I can’t figure out is why it stopped automatically playing all of a sudden.  It’s been about a month.  I’ll surf the site and see what I can find about changes and how to do what with various browsers.

hurrikennyandopo ...
 

Hi


Just confirmed with google chrome

This is with a add blocker.


If I do not have it enabled it will play the show automatically and if enabled the show will not start. When I disabled it again it played automatically.

This is in google chrome. so am guessing it might be the same in other browsers.


I think I will go up later on tonight and note that if using a add blocker to turn it off. I have no add blockers so I think they were showing me the player of which I wrote down the different way to start a movie in a browser.

I will put it on that page under please note near the browser section.


Gene nz


Gene nz


On 8/06/2020 12:20 pm, Ame wrote:

I’m using Chrome and have been for a long time..  What I can’t figure out is why it stopped automatically playing all of a sudden.  It’s been about a month.  I’ll surf the site and see what I can find about changes and how to do what with various browsers.

hurrikennyandopo ...
 

Hi


Out of curiosity did you have a add blocker on? and when you disabled it you were able to watch those shows again?


Depending if the player can be seen might of not given you options unless it was.


Gene nz


On 8/06/2020 12:20 pm, Ame wrote:

I’m using Chrome and have been for a long time..  What I can’t figure out is why it stopped automatically playing all of a sudden.  It’s been about a month.  I’ll surf the site and see what I can find about changes and how to do what with various browsers.

Ame
 

I’ve always  had all my popups disabled but as far as having an ad blocker per se, no.  All of a sudden, it just stopped playing things.  Weird!