Turning Off Braille Translation

H l

Hey everyone,

Just a quick question. How do I turn off automatic braille translation in NVDA? I want to read some stuff on www.grade3braille.com, but it advises people using braille displays to turn the translation off. I can’t find it in the NVDA settings though.

Thanks,

Harmony.

dennis huckle

Hello,

Please tell me where you have set your output table set at present.

Also which braille display are you using.

If you want to come back to me off line at

dwhuckle@...

I’ll be happy to work with you on this.

I suspect, but aren’t sure at present, that if you set your output table to American eight dot computer braille, otherwise known as grade 0, this may help.

Please let me know.

I use a focus 14 braille display and have written my own list of braille commands that work with nvda but aren’t sure about commands for other displays.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.