Topics

Turning off UI Automation in new Edge

Don H

I thought I saved the instructions for disabling UI automation for the new edge but I lost it. Can someone post the instructions to do this please.

I would not be in any hurry to do this.  Joseph Lee has already posted that a fix has been made in NVDA for UI Automation.  It's something that really should be on, and will be on for other things going forward.

Unless you need it to be off for another screen reader it's much wiser to apply the NVDA fix.

         ~ Robert Frost, The Black Cottage (1914)

Yes. Brian is right, on second thought. Leave the setting on, download Josephs patch until NVDA 2019.3 comes out.

Link to Joseph Lee's message regarding patch to Windows App Essentials add-on to support UI Automation:  https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/message/68920

         ~ Robert Frost, The Black Cottage (1914)