Topics

Tutorial: Disable UI Automation in the Chromium Edge.

Joseph posted this previously, but I am busy giving fiction to my patreon supporters so can't pull up his link right now.

NVDA 2019.2 won't work with Edge without turning off UIA. The more tech savvy people on this list can tell you if NVDA 2019.3 will work with it on or not. For now, I've turned my UIA in Edge back on. Below though, is steps on how to turn it off.

In the address bar, type,

edge://flags

Tab to search experimentation's.

Type,

UI Automation.

Hit tab until you get to a combo box.

enable it or disable it.

Happy Browsing! In the meantime, I'm creating disability fiction. Pledge to see early drafts and more.

hi.
some people mentioned crashing when using nvda with new edge based on chromium.
is it true?
i really wish to become familiar with new edge, and want to ask some questions.
does it support MultiProcess forever?
is there a setting to turn the Multiprocess off?
also, does it have all the settings and options that chrome and chromium have?
does it support flash?
can we uncheck automatic update or not?
i really wish if someone knows answers for my questions, post the answers hear.
God bless you and His especial mercy i pray for you!

supporters](http://www.patreon.com/blindwriter) so can't pull up his link

see early drafts and more.](http://www.patreon.com/blindwriter)

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Arlene

If you are continuing xp I don’t think you can try Chromian Edge. Not unless you upgrade to windows ten.  If you end up on windows ten. You wil have yourself a learning curve.  You will get used to it.  Edge and Chrome are a like if you have used firefox.  They are like firefox.  Windows ten takes getting used to.  You can do it.  I’m afraid you can’t test these new things with xp!  If you intend on staying there.  It wont hurt to ask questions I’ll tell you this. Either way you will end up on windows ten sooner or later.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

On 1/15/20, Robert Kingett <kingettr@...> wrote:

> Joseph posted this previously, but I am busy [giving fiction to my patreon

> supporters](http://www.patreon.com/blindwriter) so can't pull up his link

> right now.

> NVDA 2019.2 won't work with Edge without turning off UIA. The more tech

> savvy people on this list can tell you if NVDA 2019.3 will work with it on

> or not. For now, I've turned my UIA in Edge back on. Below though, is steps

> on how to turn it off.

> In the address bar, type,

> edge://flags

> Tab to search experimentation's.

> Type,

> UI Automation.

> Hit tab until you get to a combo box.

> enable it or disable it.

> Happy Browsing! In the meantime, I'm creating disability fiction. [Pledge to

> see early drafts and more.](http://www.patreon.com/blindwriter)

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

its not specific for windows ten only.
new edge support all windows versions since windows seven.

On 1/23/20, Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:
[...]

Well then it may not work for xp.  If you are still using it.  I thought edge is only for ten.

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

yes, the new edge support all versions of windows since windows seven.
but the old edge was specific for windows ten.
yes, i have xp, but i want to know about new edge too.

[...]

You can do that. But what if your friends ask you how do you know about it when you are still using xp? It would better help you if you did upgrade to windows ten.