Topics

Tutorials On New Facebook Platform?

David Russell

Hello NVDA Group,

I am using the mobile version of Facebook, as historically, it has
been much easier and convenient with the aid of NVDA. However, as the
new interface has replaced the classic version, I cannot find info
that is up-to-date on:
How to delete messages
Generate a new message to any of my friends
Determine the type of reaction by individual group members to my posts
It now says for example, three liked, one cared.

Access World by AFB has some instruction, but not sure that it is as
current as needed. Thanks in advance for your potential help.

--
David Russell
david.sonofhashem@...

David,

             I am not a Facebook user, at all, but I have noticed a number of recent conversations saying that users of what had been m.facebook.com should use mbasic.facebook.com if they want to use the "old style" mobile interface.

             These days I think it's going to be critical to identify which URL/page you're actually using until/unless Facebook kills off one of them in order to receive accurate advice.

     ~ Kelley Boorn

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

I am in the process of writing up a new tutorial for the new face book look using nvda. I do not use it much only to post and or read messages etc.

Just not sure how much info to put in or not but the more used stuff on face book. there is a lot of stuff happening on it but do not have to use it.

I mean as in the stuff you would not really use on that platform.

so no use putting it into the tutorial.

you can email me off list where there might be some problems like the 3 I saw and see what comes together. it will then be posted on the website unless some one wants it in draft form.

It is not quite finished yet.

Gene nz

On 28/10/2020 2:09 am, David Russell wrote:
Hello NVDA Group,

I am using the mobile version of Facebook, as historically, it has
been much easier and convenient with the aid of NVDA. However, as the
new interface has replaced the classic version, I cannot find info
that is up-to-date on:
How to delete messages
Generate a new message to any of my friends
Determine the type of reaction by individual group members to my posts
It now says for example, three liked, one cared.

Access World by AFB has some instruction, but not sure that it is as
current as needed. Thanks in advance for your potential help.

Diane

I'm glad you're going it. I know it changes a lot but I think anything will help me learn some of it.

Thanks much.
Diane K.

[...]

I'm glad you're doing it. I think at this point anything will help me to learn the things I want to learn from it
Thnks much.
Diane K.

[...]

Per the digest version, thank you Gene, Brian, and Diane K., for your
input on my topic, Tutorials On New FB Version.

Gene, I would be interested to receive your tutorial draft when most
convenient. My email is within my signature.

Brian, I did note the suggestion to use "mbasic.facebook.com" and, in
all honesty have my figurative fingers crossed as to the length of
this methodologyworking.

Useful info may include:
1. How to login to one's account after using an antiviral,
anti-spyware program to service one's computer or device. Generally,
those programs will cancel out previous login history to email and
social platforms for example.
2. How to read specific reactions to one's post comments. Not
essential but nice to know.
3. How to send a message to a specific person.
4. How to clear or delete messages using the combo box. NVDA does not
read choices even when invoking the insert key plus spacebar. Other
tutorials state hot keys vary from browser to browser.

Gene, on which website will your tutorial appear?

I think sticking with the basics is a wise choice!

Sincerely,
--
David Russell
david.sonofhashem@...

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi David

the tutorial will go up to the following website to a page called nvda tutorials for other programs but the main site is called Accessibilitycentral.net

Any of the nvda tutorials will link to other pages to do with nvda and the home key takes you to the main page where you can find other blindness related material.

I think when I looked there yesterday the classic version is no more as of a month or so ago but would have to check to make sure.

If I remember you could go to it in the log out section or on that menu to it.

Gene nz