Unable to click the free resources link at devsecops-academy.com

Pranav Lal

Hi all,

I am unable to activate the link that starts with the string "free
resources" at the following website.
http://www.devsecops-academy.com
When I activate the link, I do not see any change on the page.
I have tried object navigation, focus mode and the links in google chrome
and in Microsoft edge.

Any idea on what is happening?
Pranav

Blaster

Clicking the link gave me a similar experience, so I copied the link
to my clipboard and then pasted it into my browser manually and it
seemed to work.

Try it and see if it works for you:
https://www.devsecops-academy.com/#sarah

HTH,
Blaster

That would be because the link is not what it's supposed to be.  Note that the end "node" of that link starts with a pound sign.  This tells you that it is a redirect to another location on the same page.  While that, in and of itself is not impossible, generally the thing that comes after the pound sign will be somehow related to what the link is supposed to take you to.  In this case, it takes you to the story of Sarah on that same page.

I suspect someone screwed up the link when last updating that page and would appreciate a report regarding that mistake.

The second link for "How DevSecOps Academy Works for You" is similarly screwed up and takes you to the story of Dennis.

Any time you see a URL that contains a pound sign as part of its last "node" or segment it's meant to redirect to another spot on the same page, not another page either in the same site or elsewhere.

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Gene

However, the site appears to have accessibility problems.  I don't know how serious they are but there are many buttons that appear to show visual content that a screen-reader can't read.  Actually working with the instructional content of the site is something I can't do, of course, but the accessibility problems with the page raise questions about the accessibility of the site generally.

Gene

On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 10:29 AM, Gene wrote:
However, the site appears to have accessibility problems.
-
Which may be (I'd say, based on your statements, is) true, but was beyond the scope of the original query.  That problem is not one of accessibility, per se.

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Pranav Lal

Hi all,

Many thanks for checking. Brian, I’ll keep the # tip in mind. I did not realize that the link was a same page link.

I’ll see if I want to write to the web site’s administrators. Ideally I should but that is beyond the scope of this list.

Pranav