unable to get to the task bar with nvda Version: 2022.1

Sarah k Alawami

Running Windows 10 21H2 (x64) build 19044.1706 and I just updated nvda. I am no longer able to hit windows t, to get to the task bar, nor can I tab to it. I can kind of see it, but all I see is pane when I get to it via the start menu. I cannot restart my computer at this time so can’t test that. I did restart nvda with add ons disabled as I am writing this email and still can reproduce the issue.  I do have the debug log and will look at sending this over to, well, I need to find the address, but it will get sent. Can anyone else reproduce? I know of one other, only because they are on the phone with me.

Thanks.

Quentin Christensen

Hi Sarah,

I'm using the same build of Windows and can confirm that I can get to the taskbar as expected with Windows+t.  It really sounds like one of those issues you get in between updating NVDA and restarting the PC.  Try that when you can, and do please let us know if it still happens after that.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Sarah k Alawami

I sent my debug log just in case.  Yeah when I can I will restart, right now I’m in the middle of something wherein I cannot reboot. This is the first time I have had things brake in I think the 13 years since starting to use nvda. I guess it had to happen to me at some point eh?

Take care and thanks.

[...]

Russell James

This happened to me on the latest update as well

Fortunately, when I restarted the computer it was fine again

Russ

On Tue, May 24, 2022, 10:30 PM Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

[...]

Arlene

I can partly confirm this. I can't open my windows ten app. I'm doing this on the gmail site. I can't get the mail app on the taskbar.

On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 7:19 PM Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

Running Windows 10 21H2 (x64) build 19044.1706 and I just updated nvda. I am no longer able to hit windows t, to get to the task bar, nor can I tab to it. I can kind of see it, but all I see is pane when I get to it via the start menu. I cannot restart my computer at this time so can’t test that. I did restart nvda with add ons disabled as I am writing this email and still can reproduce the issue.  I do have the debug log and will look at sending this over to, well, I need to find the address, but it will get sent. Can anyone else reproduce? I know of one other, only because they are on the phone with me.

Thanks.

Sarah k Alawami

Cool cool, as I tell the controllers when I’m flying, yes I’ll restart when able. Loll. Except for them it’t dct (direct) frogz when able. Lol! I really hope that works though as this is frustrating.

[...]

Well knock on wood, a restart helped. I could not restart yesterday but  did a complete shut down last night and cold start this morning  All now works as it should. I normally do not have these issues, but ok? I guess there is a first for everything.