Unable to set column headers in Microsoft Excel when UIA is enabled

Pranav Lal

Hi all,

I had enabled the setting use UIA automation to access controls in Microsoft
excel for speed improvements. NVDA locks up less with excel but when I tried
setting column headers with nvda key + shift + c, nothing happened.

Can anyone confirm this or am I doing something incorrectly?
Pranav

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías

Hi all.

Yes, I confirm this problem. This happen because when UIA for Excel is enabled, in this moment, the app module for Excel of NVDA don’t enable the command. Is a limitation of the new and more recent support, NV Access is working and say in the user guide that the list elements, for example, is also not supported with UIA.

Regards.

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías.

Soporte a usuarios, comunidad de NVDA en español.

Web www.nvda.es

Experto certificado en NVDA

--

Músico (pianista) y ayuda a usuarios ciegos y con discapacidad visual en el uso de lectores de pantalla y tecnología. Experto certificado en el lector de pantalla NVDA.

Musician (pianist) and help to the blind people and with visual disability in use of screen readers and technology. Certified expert in the screen reader NVDA.

Ann Byrne

Check, under quick settings, that 'title reading override" is turned off.

At 07:37 PM 7/27/2021, you wrote:
Hi all,

I had enabled the setting use UIA automation to access controls in Microsoft
excel for speed improvements. NVDA locks up less with excel but when I tried
setting column headers with nvda key + shift + c, nothing happened.

Can anyone confirm this or am I doing something incorrectly?
Pranav

Pranav Lal

Hi Ann,
<snip Check, under quick settings, that 'title reading override" is turned
off.
PL] I believe that is a jaws setting. <smile

Pranav

Ann Byrne

Are you using the four-fingered JAWS keystroke or Excel bookmarks to set the titles?

At 10:17 PM 7/28/2021, you wrote:
Hi Ann,
<snip Check, under quick settings, that 'title reading override" is turned
off.
PL] I believe that is a jaws setting. <smile

Pranav

Pranav Lal

Hi Ann,
<snip Are you using the four-fingered JAWS keystroke or Excel bookmarks to
set the titles?
PL] I am using the NVDA's keystroke which is nvda key + shift +c for column
titles. It is this keystroke which does nothing when read excel controls
when using UIA is checked.

Pranav

Pranav Lal

Hi Carlos,