unable to use my HIMS Braillesense 6 as a braille display

Ashley Wayne

Hello,
I am using the most recent NVDA update and windows 10. Trying to use the BS6 via the USB connection, and NVDA does not automatically detect it. But the bs6 does show up under "braille" in settings, once I go to "change" braille display in the list. But when I select it, am told "braille display error, unable to load the Hims display" I have tried downloading the bs6 drivers from the HIMS website but with the same result. Would appreciate any advice, I’m sure it's something simple I’m not doing.

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022, 9:26 PM Rowen Cary <manchen_0528@...> wrote:

Hello, I definitely agree that a lot of Tony's add-on features are missing and necessary in NVDA core. On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 07:59 PM, Bhavya shah wrote: Is there anyone here from NVAccess and can you share your thoughts on this? > > Dear Tony, > > This is absolutely terrific work! Have you considered contributing > your code for inclusion in NVDA core? I am fairly certain that at > least some and likely several of your add-on features have been > long-standing requests on NVDA's GitHub tracker. There is a lot of > functionality that your add-ons pack, and it will be a while before I > am able to utilize them to their fullest. > > Thanks. > > On 1/7/22, Gene gsasner@... wrote: > > Why do you not use a current version of NVDA?  An increasing number of > > add-ons don't and in future won't work with older NVDA versions. > > > > > > If you have a specific feature or something that works better as an > > older part of NVDA itself, you might be able to use the older version as > > a portable for the specific instances you want, then use the current > > version as an installed version. > > > > > > Gene > > > > On 1/7/2022 1:26 AM, Stefan Banita wrote: > >> I checked three new versions of your add-ons. > >> Two add-ons do not work with NVDA 2020.4. > >> bluetoothaudio & browsernav. > >> tonysEnhancements works and I really like the ability to copy tables, > >> great job. > >> If you could test these add-ons with older versions of NVDA, see if it > >> can be fixed, and if not, change minimumNVDAVersion. > >> greetings > >> > >> Stefan Banita > >> > >> W dniu 2022-01-06 o 21:03, Tony Malykh pisze: > >>> Here is an example sentence from Wikipedia: > >>> > >>>  > CRISPR (/ˈkrɪspər/) (an acronym for clustered regularly > >>> interspaced short palindromic repeats) is a family of DNA sequences > >>> found in the genomes of prokaryotic organisms such as bacteria and > >>> archaea.[2] > >>> > >>> As you can see in the end of the sentence there is a reference and it > >>> comes in square brackets after period: > >>> > >>>  > .[2] > >>> > >>> This is quite weird punctuation, but since SentenceNav detects > >>> borders between sentences based on period followed by space, I had to > >>> handle this case in a special way.  I also made a checkbox in > >>> settings, but I can't really imagine anyone wanting to turn off this > >>> checkbox. > >>> > >>> On 1/5/2022 10:11 PM, Rowen Cary wrote: > >>>> > >>>> Hi Tony, I would also like to know what the Wikipedia-style checkbox > >>>> is used for in sentence-nav. Can you briefly talk about it? > >>>> > >>>> Grateful > >>>> > >>> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > Best Regards, > Bhavya Shah > Stanford University | Class of 2024 > LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bhavyashah125/ >