Topics

Unable to work with Word documents directly from Dropbox?

Gerardo Corripio

I’ve several files in a shared Dropbox folder, using the latest office 2019 with latest NVDA, and am unable to when pressing Enter on the files or file to work with it, to get the focus away from a Popup that says Dropbox, thus if I could, it’d allow me to as usual, work and navigate through the files in question. I tried Maxing via Alt+space but no luck! Also I’ve tried Control+f4, but that closes the Word document in question!

Is this an NVDA problem,or how can I get rid of the Dropbox icon that’s supposedly blocking NVDA to gain focus? Hope I made sense.

Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

Rui Fontes

Hello!

In Dropbox preferences, set:

"Show Dropbox as a save location in Microsoft Office" to not checked

and

"Dropbox Badge" to "Never show"

I think it will eliminate your problem...

Rui Fontes

Às 14:46 de 09/06/2020, Gerardo Corripio escreveu:

I’ve several files in a shared Dropbox folder, using the latest office 2019 with latest NVDA, and am unable to when pressing Enter on the files or file to work with it, to get the focus away from a Popup that says Dropbox, thus if I could, it’d allow me to as usual, work and navigate through the files in question. I tried Maxing via Alt+space but no luck! Also I’ve tried Control+f4, but that closes the Word document in question!

Is this an NVDA problem,or how can I get rid of the Dropbox icon that’s supposedly blocking NVDA to gain focus? Hope I made sense.

Hello,
I will briefly explaining to you what you have to do to fix this problem.
Firstly, open your Dropbox preferences, go to the General tab,
Then press tab four times until you here dropbox Badge, set it to never show down.
Press OK and you would be done.

Yours Faithfully.
(Hasan Tayem)
Mobile: +962788266670

On Jun 9, 2020, at 4:47 PM, Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@...> wrote:

Louis Maher

Hello

To make the Windows Dropbox client act like file explorer:

Type windows B
go to dropbox, hit enter, the context menu appears.
go to preferences,
you are in General,
tab to: "when starting dropbox go to the desktop app: uncheck this,
tab twice, "badge" do not use that,
tab twice to "open folders in" change to file explorer.
use “alt + down arrow” for pulldown,
hit enter until you leave the dialog.

---

Regards

Louis Maher

Phone: 713-444-7838

E-mail ljmaher03@...

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerardo Corripio
Sent: Tuesday, June 9, 2020 8:47 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Unable to work with Word documents directly from Dropbox?

Gerardo Corripio

Yes that fixed the issue! Thanks a bunch!

De: hasan tayyem
Enviado: martes, 9 de junio de 2020 09:12 a. m.
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Asunto: Re: [nvda] Unable to work with Word documents directly from Dropbox?

Hello,

I will briefly explaining to you what you have to do to fix this problem.

Firstly, open your Dropbox preferences, go to the General tab,

Then press tab four times until you here dropbox Badge, set it to never show down.

Press OK and you would be done.

Yours Faithfully.

(Hasan Tayem)

Mobile: +962788266670

On Jun 9, 2020, at 4:47 PM, Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@...> wrote: