unignoring a thread in thunderbird

Shaun Oliver

Hi,

Does anybody know how to unignore a thread in thunderbird? you used to be able to press alt+U to unignore a thread when you inadvertently added a message thread, but you can no longer apparently do this. if someone could please tell me the new way of doing this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Gene

Its in the message menu.  If you press enter on ignore thread, it will be checked.  If you open the menu again and press enter on ignore thread again, it will be unchecked.

Gene

On 9/10/2022 7:41 PM, Shaun Oliver wrote:
Hi,

Does anybody know how to unignore a thread in thunderbird? you used to be able to press alt+U to unignore a thread when you inadvertently added a message thread, but you can no longer apparently do this. if someone could please tell me the new way of doing this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Shaun Oliver

thanks, I'll have me a look at that.

On 11/09/2022 10:24 am, Gene wrote:
Its in the message menu.  If you press enter on ignore thread, it will be checked.  If you open the menu again and press enter on ignore thread again, it will be unchecked.

Gene

On 9/10/2022 7:41 PM, Shaun Oliver wrote:
Hi,

Does anybody know how to unignore a thread in thunderbird? you used to be able to press alt+U to unignore a thread when you inadvertently added a message thread, but you can no longer apparently do this. if someone could please tell me the new way of doing this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Howard Traxler

To ignore a thread, must one have messages sorted by thread?

On 9/10/2022 7:54 PM, Gene wrote:
Its in the message menu.  If you press enter on ignore thread, it will be checked.  If you open the menu again and press enter on ignore thread again, it will be unchecked.

Gene

On 9/10/2022 7:41 PM, Shaun Oliver wrote:
Hi,

Does anybody know how to unignore a thread in thunderbird? you used to be able to press alt+U to unignore a thread when you inadvertently added a message thread, but you can no longer apparently do this. if someone could please tell me the new way of doing this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Gene

I haven't looked into that but it appears to me from the very little playing around I did with the feature awhile ago that if you turn it on on a certain message, all future messages with that subject will not be displayed.

Gene

On 9/10/2022 7:54 PM, Gene wrote:
Its in the message menu.  If you press enter on ignore thread, it will be checked.  If you open the menu again and press enter on ignore thread again, it will be unchecked.

Gene

On 9/10/2022 7:41 PM, Shaun Oliver wrote:
Hi,

Does anybody know how to unignore a thread in thunderbird? you used to be able to press alt+U to unignore a thread when you inadvertently added a message thread, but you can no longer apparently do this. if someone could please tell me the new way of doing this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Gene

I mean even if you don't group messages by thread it appears to me that that is what will happen.