Topics

unknown

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

this is the message I get whenever I open a web page. I get the same thing when I go to the task bar and press the arrow keys.

******Very funny Scotty ... now beam down my clothes !

Family times where there is fun for every ear!

Roger Stewart

This happened to me a couple of weeks back. It just started happening one day and then after a few hours, it cleared itself up. I did nothing I know of to start or stop it. Hope it will go away for you.

Roger

On 7/22/2020 5:48 PM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:
this is the message I get whenever I open a web page. I get the same thing when I go to the task bar and press the arrow keys.

******Very funny Scotty ... now beam down my clothes !

Family times where there is fun for every ear!

Quentin Christensen

In NVDA's tools menu is an option called "COM Registration Fixing Tool" which is designed to fix this kind of problem:

1. Press NVDA+N to open the NVDA menu
2. Press T for tools
3. Down arrow to "COM Registration Fixing Tool"
4. Press ENTER, and follow the prompts.
Once done, restart the computer to be sure, and hopefully everything should work again.

Quentin.

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 9:22 AM Roger Stewart <paganus2@...> wrote:
This happened to me a couple of weeks back. It just started happening one day and then after a few hours, it cleared itself up. I did nothing I know of to start or stop it. Hope it will go away for you.

Roger

On 7/22/2020 5:48 PM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:
this is the message I get whenever I open a web page. I get the same thing when I go to the task bar and press the arrow keys.

******Very funny Scotty ... now beam down my clothes !

Family times where there is fun for every ear!

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Luke Davis

Run the Com Registration Fixing Tool (NVDA+N, T, R, enter).

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

this is the message I get whenever I open a web page. I get the same thing when I go to the task bar and press the arrow keys.

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi Luke and other,

I have a same problem, Nvda says Unknown after starting Windows.

I tried use the fixing tool com, but Nvda says the same.

I would like to know, where is a problem.

I have installed Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.

Jarek

Dne 23.07.2020 v 2:05 Luke Davis napsal(a):

Run the Com Registration Fixing Tool (NVDA+N, T, R, enter).

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

this is the message I get whenever I open a web page. I get the same thing when I go to the task bar and press the arrow keys.

Andre Fisher

Hi.

This would be a different issue, unless it's not speaking what's in browse mode or on your taskbar. If NVDA starts and says "unknown", it's probably due to your display driver.