unlabelled buttons and nvda

Michael Micallef at FITA

Hi guys,

I have an epubconvertor but it has couple of buttons that nvda latest version doesn’t recognise and interpret them just as button button etc.

Currently I have the epubsoft convertor v14.5

Evaluation of the software can be downloaded from here:

Epubsoft Ebook Converter 15.7 Download (Free trial) - EbookConverter.exe (informer.com)

Is there a way how to label such buttons using nvda? Jaws has this functionality for sure.

Eduardo Fermiano Luccas

unfortunately it doesn't have this in NVDA, but I only study computer for 1 year, so I can't talk much

Em qua., 1 de dez. de 2021 às 04:10, Michael Micallef at FITA <michael.micallef@...> escreveu:

Hi guys,

I have an epubconvertor but it has couple of buttons that nvda latest version doesn’t recognise and interpret them just as button button etc.

Currently I have the epubsoft convertor v14.5

Evaluation of the software can be downloaded from here:

Epubsoft Ebook Converter 15.7 Download (Free trial) - EbookConverter.exe (informer.com)

Is there a way how to label such buttons using nvda? Jaws has this functionality for sure.

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

The functionality is not built into nvda but the golden cursor lets you do hot spots I have used it on un labled buttons for a scanner etc but uses the elements list to get to those areas. It is like put the mouse on the area, label it then bring it up in a list in the program I think it is.

There is also another add on that is been reviewed or updated called object enhancer which I have in my drop box at https://www.dropbox.com/s/dqnooxmas5utw70/objEnhancer_2019.2beta1_Gen.nvda-addon?dl=0

There is english documentation that tells you how to use it. The guy that made it does not want to take it further?

Gene nz

On 1/12/2021 8:10 pm, Michael Micallef at FITA wrote:

Hi guys,

I have an epubconvertor but it has couple of buttons that nvda latest version doesn’t recognise and interpret them just as button button etc.

Currently I have the epubsoft convertor v14.5

Evaluation of the software can be downloaded from here:

Epubsoft Ebook Converter 15.7 Download (Free trial) - EbookConverter.exe (informer.com)

Is there a way how to label such buttons using nvda? Jaws has this functionality for sure.

Rui Fontes

Depending on various items, it is also possible to use an add-on with functionality similar to Jaws to label the buttons, objEnhancer, or create an add-on similar to QTranslate addd-on to label the buttons...

Rui Fontes