Topics

unsupported input error on braille edge

UMIT ERDEM Yigitoglu

Hello, 
I have been having this problem for a long time and at last decided to do something about it. I  have brailleedge display and wanted to use it while learning python. My problem is that I get unsupported input error when I try to use some dots. for example to write nots 5 - 1,2,6 for ( I need to press dot 5 twice. I understand that immediately after a carakter nvda doesn't understand th combination. however it is verry enoying and time consuming. Is there any solution to this problem and if not is it possible for me as a beginner programmer to tackle it? 
thank you in advance for your advice  

Afik Souffir

Hi Umit,

Does it happened always or in certain setuations?

I don't know if it's relates to NVDA, or to the display itself?

Afik

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of UMIT ERDEM Yigitoglu
Sent: Thursday, October 1, 2020 7:50 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] unsupported input error on braille edge

Hello, 
I have been having this problem for a long time and at last decided to do something about it. I  have brailleedge display and wanted to use it while learning python. My problem is that I get unsupported input error when I try to use some dots. for example to write nots 5 - 1,2,6 for ( I need to press dot 5 twice. I understand that immediately after a carakter nvda doesn't understand th combination. however it is verry enoying and time consuming. Is there any solution to this problem and if not is it possible for me as a beginner programmer to tackle it? 
thank you in advance for your advice  

UMIT ERDEM Yigitoglu

hello Afik,
I haven't tried it with jaws yet so I'm not sure about your question. However it is a logical to think it might be display spesific. does anyone have any experience to answer this question?
best regards   

Afik Souffir

Try to contact Jenny from Selva Health care
Jenny@...

Let me know if you need more help.

Sent from my Iphone

On 2 Oct 2020, at 20:08, UMIT ERDEM Yigitoglu <erdemyigitoglu@...> wrote:

hello Afik,
I haven't tried it with jaws yet so I'm not sure about your question. However it is a logical to think it might be display spesific. does anyone have any experience to answer this question?
best regards   

UMIT ERDEM Yigitoglu

who is s/he? does he use braille display or something? 

Afik Souffir

Jenny is the international support agent from Hims/selva health care. She is blind her self and can help you with this problem.

Afik.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of UMIT ERDEM Yigitoglu
Sent: Saturday, October 3, 2020 3:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] unsupported input error on braille edge

who is s/he? does he use braille display or something? 

UMIT ERDEM Yigitoglu

thank you