Update On My Incompatible Add-Ons

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I took the radical step of simply changing the manifest.ini for some of my add-ons that are listed as incompatible with NVDA 2022.1.  I know this is somewhat dangerous, but for simple, non essential type things like Extended Winamp and phonetic reading, I gave it a go. The following add-ons work when using this inefficient method.

extended Winamp
enhanced phonetic reading
clock
day of the week.

Again, this is a radical step and over time, if these add-ons are not rewritten, there will probably be problems. But as a stop gap until people update, this might be something to consider. I advise doing this one at a time, exiting and restarting NVDA and seeing if there is any deleterious effect--not only for the add on itself, but for NVDA in general. Who knows what this kind of Gerry rigging might cause.

--
Signature:

farhan israk

Exiting nvda and turning on has no effect on addons. addons are still showing incompatibility.

On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 8:46 PM Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
[...]

For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement  and to cling to its past achievements is no virtue!

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

I tried it with no result.l

On 5/23/2022 8:46 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
[...]

******
Sometimes I think I understand everything, and then I regain consciousness.
---------
Family Times theatre
http://familytimes.wrighthere.net:9244/stream
or ask your smart speaker to play family times on tune-in