Update On My Incompatible Add-Ons

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I took the radical step of simply changing the manifest.ini for some of my add-ons that are listed as incompatible with NVDA 2022.1.  I know this is somewhat dangerous, but for simple, non essential type things like Extended Winamp and phonetic reading, I gave it a go. The following add-ons work when using this inefficient method.

extended Winamp
enhanced phonetic reading
clock
day of the week.

Again, this is a radical step and over time, if these add-ons are not rewritten, there will probably be problems. But as a stop gap until people update, this might be something to consider. I advise doing this one at a time, exiting and restarting NVDA and seeing if there is any deleterious effect--not only for the add on itself, but for NVDA in general. Who knows what this kind of Gerry rigging might cause.

--
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grevous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice;
For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement and to cling to its past achievements is no virtue!

farhan israk

Exiting nvda and turning on has no effect on addons. addons are still showing incompatibility.

On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 8:46 PM Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
Hi Group,

I took the radical step of simply changing the manifest.ini for some of
my add-ons that are listed as incompatible with NVDA 2022.1.  I know
this is somewhat dangerous, but for simple, non essential type things
like Extended Winamp and phonetic reading, I gave it a go. The following
add-ons work when using this inefficient method.

extended Winamp
clock
day of the week.

Again, this is a radical step and over time, if these add-ons are not
rewritten, there will probably be problems. But as a stop gap until
people update, this might be something to consider. I advise doing this
one at a time, exiting and restarting NVDA and seeing if there is any
deleterious effect--not only for the add on itself, but for NVDA in
general. Who knows what this kind of Gerry rigging might cause.

--
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grevous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice;
For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement  and to cling to its past achievements is no virtue!

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

I tried it with no result.l

On 5/23/2022 8:46 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

I took the radical step of simply changing the manifest.ini for some of my add-ons that are listed as incompatible with NVDA 2022.1.  I know this is somewhat dangerous, but for simple, non essential type things like Extended Winamp and phonetic reading, I gave it a go. The following add-ons work when using this inefficient method.

extended Winamp
clock
day of the week.

Again, this is a radical step and over time, if these add-ons are not rewritten, there will probably be problems. But as a stop gap until people update, this might be something to consider. I advise doing this one at a time, exiting and restarting NVDA and seeing if there is any deleterious effect--not only for the add on itself, but for NVDA in general. Who knows what this kind of Gerry rigging might cause.
--
Sometimes I think I understand everything, and then I regain consciousness.
---------
Family Times theatre
http://familytimes.wrighthere.net:9244/stream
or ask your smart speaker to play family times on tune-in