From: Sharni-Lee Ward
Sent: 10 September 2020 03:20
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Update on previously mentioned issue with single-letternavigation

I stated back when I first updated to the latest version of NVDA that I

was getting a delayed response when using single-letter navigation,

where I would press the key and would have to wait half a second to hear

the cursor's new position. I turned off "Speak Typed Characters" for an

unrelated reason this morning, and when using single-letter navigation

on the desktop, the response was immediate.

Gene

I just checked this. NVDA is set not to announce quick navigation keys when in browse mode. I tried many, h for move by heading, b for button, x for check box and r for radio button. None were spoken.

However, in the case of the person with the problem, since turning off speak typed carachters stopped the lag, it raises the question as to whether in her case, something is being generated that shouldn't be. I would think a log would be important.