Topics

Update to eSpeak NG- please test in Beta3

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

For those using eSpeak NG, we've updated the build we're using in NVDA for 2018.4.  If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to test the beta builds to make sure there aren't any issues with it.

You can download NVDA 2018.4beta3 here: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2018-4beta3-released/

Note, it's not new for beta 3 specifically, so if you've been using the betas, you've already had it, but I thought it was worth a special mention.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Quentin,

It's working fine for me here.

Rosemarie

For those using eSpeak NG, we've updated the build we're using in NVDA for 2018.4.  If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to test the beta builds to make sure there aren't any issues with it.

You can download NVDA 2018.4beta3 here: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2018-4beta3-released/

Note, it's not new for beta 3 specifically, so if you've been using the betas, you've already had it, but I thought it was worth a special mention.

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Quentin Christensen

Great to hear Rosemarie,

I'm not specifically expecting problems, but I know recently when we have updated builds, people have commented that it has fixed some things and broken others.  Particularly around support for various languages.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 9:07 AM Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:

Hi, Quentin,

It's working fine for me here.

Rosemarie

For those using eSpeak NG, we've updated the build we're using in NVDA for 2018.4.  If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to test the beta builds to make sure there aren't any issues with it.

You can download NVDA 2018.4beta3 here: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2018-4beta3-released/

Note, it's not new for beta 3 specifically, so if you've been using the betas, you've already had it, but I thought it was worth a special mention.

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

marcio

I can't remember right now when I did the last update on my NVDA, all I can remember is that I did it this week.
It's all right here.
P.S.: I'm one of the guys that had mentioned problems with other eSpeak test and I also tested the correction. After this I didn't had any problem regarding the pronunciation and stuff.
Em 05/12/2018 19:36, Quentin Christensen escreveu:

Hi everyone,

For those using eSpeak NG, we've updated the build we're using in NVDA for 2018.4.  If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to test the beta builds to make sure there aren't any issues with it.

You can download NVDA 2018.4beta3 here: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2018-4beta3-released/

Note, it's not new for beta 3 specifically, so if you've been using the betas, you've already had it, but I thought it was worth a special mention.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account

Thus far in most cases I'd not noticed, but I'll go and look as I may still be using speech player in espeak as it had much better pronouciation of some English british worms.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

For those using eSpeak NG, we've updated the build we're using in NVDA for
2018.4. If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to test the beta builds
to make sure there aren't any issues with it.

You can download NVDA 2018.4beta3 here:
https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2018-4beta3-released/

Note, it's not new for beta 3 specifically, so if you've been using the
betas, you've already had it, but I thought it was worth a special mention.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter:@NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account

OK just gone and turned on the new synch so will keep a note if anything weird happens.