updating add ons

dennis huckle

Hello all.

I have turned my desktop on.

Its connected to the internet.

I want to check for updates and up date addons.

Each time I try both I get an error message saying “error checking for updates”

Or “error checking for addons updates”.

Any way of resolving this.

I have the latest version of nvda.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

Quentin Christensen

Yes, it's something we're aware of - basically our certificate was updated but for various reasons that hasn't propagated to everyone's computer yet.  The easiest fix is to install this add-on: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/files/7269883/NvdaCertPatch.zip created by mazen428 on GitHub, it updates your certificates then uninstalls itself (it throws an error in the process, but that is expected and also what prompts NVDA to remove it).

The add-on was created in response to the issue here: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/12894

And Joseph Lee also published some notes and alternative workarounds: https://twitter.com/joslee/status/1443991218698866689

Quentin.

--

[...]