Topics

Using Acrobat Reader DC with NVDA

Kelly Sapergia

Hi,

I'm having problems using Acrobat Reader DC (hereafter titled ARDC) with
NVDA. It works great with JAWS, but when I have NVDA loaded and open a file
in ARDC, I don't get the message asking how I want the document presented as
far as accessibility goes. All I get is a frame, but no text. Do I need an
addon to make it work better, or are there some settings I need to adjust?

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Show Host and Production Director
The Global Voice Internet Radio
www.theglobalvoice.info

Personal Website: www.ksapergia.net
Business Site (KJS Productions): www.kjsproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter at: kjsapergia

Sascha Cowley

It should work fine "out of the box". I don't have Jaws to test with, but are you closing Acrobat before exiting Jaws and starting NVDA?

Louis Maher

Hello Kelly,

A couple of thoughts.

First, if you do have the acrobat file open, you can hit alt + e for the edit menu, arrow down to accessibility menu, right arrow to open the menu, and arrow down to change reading options, hit enter, and you will be in the reading option dialog.

Secondly, I was having trouble with Acrobat and JAWS. So I opened acrobat without pointing to a specific file, hit alt + h for the help menu, arrow down to repair installation, hit enter, and followed the process, then rebooted the machine. That cleared up my issues.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838
E-mail ljmaher03@outlook.com