Topics

using NVDA with Bluetooth

Bob Cavanaugh

Hi everyone,
It was a post on this list that inspired me to try using NVDA with my
Bluetooth speaker, and to my surprise, it actually worked. My question
is, can I somehow tell NVDA and only NVDA to output to the Bluetooth
speaker, and have everything else still come through the computer
speakers?
Bob

Jackie

Bob, please try going to your synthesizer settings (control+NVDA+s),
select your synthesizer, & set your desired audio output device there.

On 12/31/20, Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,
It was a post on this list that inspired me to try using NVDA with my
Bluetooth speaker, and to my surprise, it actually worked. My question
is, can I somehow tell NVDA and only NVDA to output to the Bluetooth
speaker, and have everything else still come through the computer
speakers?
Bob

Bob Cavanaugh

Ah, not sure how I missed this until this morning, but just tried it
and it works brilliantly! Now all I have to decide is which output to
stream to the speaker, Zara or NVDA. I think this is going to work
though. Now all I need is a test server to put into Alta Cast so I can
try this out.

On 12/31/20, Jackie <abletec@gmail.com> wrote:
Bob, please try going to your synthesizer settings (control+NVDA+s),
select your synthesizer, & set your desired audio output device there.

On 12/31/20, Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,
It was a post on this list that inspired me to try using NVDA with my
Bluetooth speaker, and to my surprise, it actually worked. My question
is, can I somehow tell NVDA and only NVDA to output to the Bluetooth
speaker, and have everything else still come through the computer
speakers?
Bob

Luke Robinett

Hey Bob and others,
I’ve tried several times in the recent past to use my Apple AirPods with my PC and NVDA but it never works very well. There’s a bit of lag and the first bit of whatever NVDA speaks gets chopped off. Has this since been fixed, either in windows or NVDA?

On Jan 1, 2021, at 8:58 PM, Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Sorry, I should have been clearer. The AirPods connect via Bluetooth. They connect fine, it’s just that slight delay and truncating of the first part of NVDA speech that makes them unusable for me. Would love if this has been fixed somehow. Thanks.

On Jan 6, 2021, at 2:57 PM, Luke Robinett via groups.io <blindgroupsluke=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Luke R, please check the NVDA addons page for 1 called Bluetooth audio.
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/BluetoothAudio.en.html

On 1/6/21, Luke Robinett <blindgroupsluke@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

to:
wp4newbs-request@freelists.org with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR
by
& check out my sites at www.brightstarsweb.com &
www.mysitesbeenhacked.com

Luke Robinett

Roger that. Thanks. I'm seeing a pattern here -- whereas Apple says "there's an app for that," with NVDA it's "there's an add on for that." :) I'll make sure to check out the available add ons in the future to see if there's something that might solve my need. Thanks again.

Luke

[...]

message
to:
wp4newbs-request@freelists.org with 'subscribe' in the Subject
field OR by visiting the list page at
http://www.freelists.org/list/wp4newbs
& check out my sites at www.brightstarsweb.com &
www.mysitesbeenhacked.com

Jackie

No prob, Luke R. NVDA does have a vibrant & active community.

[...]

Dave Grossoehme

Good Afternoon:  Have you tried using Narrator when using your bluetooth to see if this is a windows problem or NVDA Problem?

Dave