Topics

Using NVDA With Remote!

Thomas E Williamson, Senior

Hello,
When I connect to another's person usin nvda remote, it does not read on my end, what she hears, on her end?
What might be the problem, why I can not hear, while to he computer?
Thanks for your help!
Regards,
Thomas.

Ann Byrne

If you are set up to control the other computer, remember to press f11 so you can see/hear it.

At 04:04 PM 1/11/2021, you wrote:
Hello,
When I connect to another's person usin nvda remote, it does not read on my end, what she hears, on her end?
What might be the problem, why I can not hear, while to he computer?
Thanks for your help!
Regards,
Thomas.

Thomas E Williamson, Senior

Yes Mam, I did that, but I can not hear anything.
I wonder, if there is an add on that I need to get.

At 04:04 PM 1/11/2021, you wrote:
Hello,
When I connect to another's person usin nvda remote, it does not read
on my end, what she hears, on her end?
What might be the problem, why I can not hear, while to he computer?
Thanks for your help!
Regards,
Thomas.

Kerryn Gunness

probably you may need to repeat the process again

At 04:04 PM 1/11/2021, you wrote:
Hello,
When I connect to another's person usin nvda remote, it does not read
on my end, what she hears, on her end?
What might be the problem, why I can not hear, while to he computer?
Thanks for your help!
Regards,
Thomas.

Ann Byrne

I am using NVDA with remote with a student. A couple of things:
Unlike with JAWS, where the controller assigns a key, The target computer has to invite the remote first
Then the controller signs in, using the key the target gives him.
NVDA makes a two-toned sound when the connection is made.
then the controller presses f11, and NVDA says 'controlling remote computer'.
And you're in business.

Holler if that's only clear as mud.

At 04:04 PM 1/11/2021, you wrote:
Hello,
When I connect to another's person usin nvda remote, it does not read
on my end, what she hears, on her end?
What might be the problem, why I can not hear, while to he computer?
Thanks for your help!
Regards,
Thomas.

Thomas E Williamson, Senior

Ok, I have successfully followed those instructions, from 2 different
computers, but I got the same results. Nothing, or no speech on my end of
the deal.
When I press f11, the fitst time, it says, local machine, and the second
time, it says, controlloint remote computer.
However, I can not navigate or hear, what the person is doing, except by
telephone.
Thanks!

At 04:04 PM 1/11/2021, you wrote:
Hello,
When I connect to another's person usin nvda remote, it does not read
on my end, what she hears, on her end?
What might be the problem, why I can not hear, while to he computer?
Thanks for your help!
Regards,
Thomas.

Ann Byrne

If you type something on your computer, does the target computer show it? the target operator can hear it but you can't?

At 04:04 PM 1/11/2021, you wrote:
Hello,
When I connect to another's person usin nvda remote, it does not read
on my end, what she hears, on her end?
What might be the problem, why I can not hear, while to he computer?
Thanks for your help!
Regards,
Thomas.

Thomas E Williamson, Senior

No mam, She can not hear, even when I am typing.
There is nothing!

At 04:04 PM 1/11/2021, you wrote:
Hello,
When I connect to another's person usin nvda remote, it does not read
on my end, what she hears, on her end?
What might be the problem, why I can not hear, while to he computer?
Thanks for your help!
Regards,
Thomas.

Thomas E Williamson, Senior

I can hear the 2 beeps, that you talk about for connecting.
After that, nothing!
The only way that I can tell, what is going is, if we get on the telephone.

At 04:04 PM 1/11/2021, you wrote:
Hello,
When I connect to another's person usin nvda remote, it does not read
on my end, what she hears, on her end?
What might be the problem, why I can not hear, while to he computer?
Thanks for your help!
Regards,
Thomas.

Richard Kuzma

Good morning,
Seems to me that I had this issue a long while ago,
Are both machines running the latest version of nvda?
If not, maybe try updating them to current.
Hope thishelps

At 04:04 PM 1/11/2021, you wrote:
Hello,
When I connect to another's person usin nvda remote, it does not
read on my end, what she hears, on her end?
What might be the problem, why I can not hear, while to he computer?
Thanks for your help!
Regards,
Thomas.

Chris Mullins

Hi Thomas

Your computers will connect to the remote session but unless each connection is configured properly, they will not communicate.  Your friend needs to ensure she has selected “allow this machine to be controlled” in the 2nd control of the Remote Connection dialog and you need to select the “Control another machine” option on your side of the connection.  Once connected, you use the f11 key to toggle between controlling your own machine and controlling your friends.  NVDA will  announce either “Controlling local machine”  or “Controlling remote machine” to indicate the machine your keyboard is controlling each time you press f11.

Cheers

Chris

At 04:04 PM 1/11/2021, you wrote:

>Hello,

>When I connect to another's person usin nvda remote, it does not read

>on my end, what she hears, on her end?

>What might be the problem, why I can not hear, while to he computer?

>Thanks for your help!

>Regards,

>Thomas.

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

thomas I will call you later today to see what is going on.