Using PandaDoc with NVDA to sign a confidential document electronically

Louise Pfau

Hi.  I have to sign a confidential document, and they use the electronic signature service PandaDoc to sign documents electronically.  When I received and activated the link, the required fields were described as "clickable" by NVDA.  I could only expand the options for one field at a time by pressing ENTER on the clickable element, rather than being able to fill out the entire form.  In addition, the buttons that appeared when the field was expanded were unlabeled.  I can't send you the link.  Has anyone else come across something like this?

Thanks,

Louise

Brian's Mail list account

Yes they do not actually seem to display anything at all helpful, they have to provide you with some alternative. What are the laws on this where you live, here its called reasonable adjustments, but often that means somebody to come around and witness the hard copy being signed I find.
Brian

--
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2022 6:44 PM
Subject: [nvda] Using PandaDoc with NVDA to sign a confidential document electronically

Hi. I have to sign a confidential document, and they use the electronic signature service PandaDoc to sign documents electronically. When I received and activated the link, the required fields were described as "clickable" by NVDA. I could only expand the options for one field at a time by pressing ENTER on the clickable element, rather than being able to fill out the entire form. In addition, the buttons that appeared when the field was expanded were unlabeled. I can't send you the link. Has anyone else come across something like this?

Thanks,

Louise

Louise Pfau

Hi.  I ended up signing the hard copy, but I wanted to make sure that the electronic version didn't work first.  Everything seems to be going electronic, so I'd like to work with it when possible.  I've used Docusign in the past, and it's accessible now, although it didn't used to be.  I'll see if there's a way to contact PandaDoc to see how they can improve accessibility on their end.  That may be all it takes.

Thanks,

Louise

Brian's Mail list account

Oh yes I think a lot of companies struggle with the confidentiality versus the accessibility on such things. Its a bit like when a password is read out if you enable this in a public space. Not a good idea unless you wear headphones.

Brian
--
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2022 12:27 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using PandaDoc with NVDA to sign a confidential document electronically

Hi. I ended up signing the hard copy, but I wanted to make sure that the electronic version didn't work first. Everything seems to be going electronic, so I'd like to work with it when possible. I've used Docusign in the past, and it's accessible now, although it didn't used to be. I'll see if there's a way to contact PandaDoc to see how they can improve accessibility on their end. That may be all it takes.

Thanks,

Louise