From: Don H
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2019 7:13 PM
Subject: [nvda] using screen layout

Under browser settings there a setting for using Screen layout.  For
overall performance with both Google Chrome and Firefox should this
setting be enabled?
Thanks

Sarah k Alawami

I use screen layout all the time as I get to learn the layout of the pge. It's not always ideal but I've gotten used to it.

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 7 Oct 2019, at 17:21, Gene wrote:

Screen layout means that, at times, where you would see only one link per line if screen layout is off, if it is on, you may see two or more links on a line.

There are places, such as in some user forums, where it may be useful to see material in this way.  I think that, in general browsing, it is better to see each link on its own line.

Under browser settings there a setting for using Screen layout.  For
overall performance with both Google Chrome and Firefox should this
setting be enabled?
Thanks

Vincent Le Goff

Having, sometimes, several links on the same line feels more natural to me.  And even at times I regret this doesn't go farther: showing horizontal lists of links horizontally instead of always vertically for instance.  I got used to moving around a line with multiple links.  Having every link on a separate line makes the page seem bigger and navigation more difficult, and reading less comfortable (like in a Wikipedia article).  But that's obviously a personal preference.  I don't think toggling this setting on or off has much impact on performance, since it's handled by the screen reader at the last possible moment.  At least, that's my impression.

HTH,

Vincent

On 10/8/2019 2:34 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I use screen layout all the time as I get to learn the layout of the pge. It's not always ideal but I've gotten used to it.

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 7 Oct 2019, at 17:21, Gene wrote:

Screen layout means that, at times, where you would see only one link per line if screen layout is off, if it is on, you may see two or more links on a line.

There are places, such as in some user forums, where it may be useful to see material in this way.  I think that, in general browsing, it is better to see each link on its own line.

Under browser settings there a setting for using Screen layout.  For
overall performance with both Google Chrome and Firefox should this
setting be enabled?
Thanks

Nimer Jaber

For me, if each link is on its own line, it takes more key presses to get through a page if I am trying to read it with arrow keys.

Thanks.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

you, and have a great day!

David Csercsics

I've gotten used to the screen  layout. At least for braille it works well. Are there instances where it's better to have things on their own line? I've always wondered how the custom formatting of things for screen readers is supposed to help. It seems like it's unnecessary processing, possibly.