Using Whatsapp with nvda.

Emmanuel Junaid

Hi all, is there an addon for whatsapp  on nvda? If yes, where can I get it with instructions on how to use it!

Mobeen Iqbal

Hi.

There is an add-on, but the documentation is in Spanish I think. If you paste the paragraphs into google translate, you can get a pretty good idea of what it does and how to use it. It's quite straight forward, you can have a look at the input gestures dialogue for the relevant commands. You can get it from:

https://github.com/GerardKessler/WhatsApp-desktop

The NVDA add-ons directory page is at:

https://nvda-addons.org/addon.php?id=226

Cheers,

Mo.

On 08/05/2022 13:41, Emmanuel Junaid wrote:

Hi all, is there an addon for whatsapp  on nvda? If yes, where can I get it with instructions on how to use it!

Sarah k Alawami

No there is not.  It is fairly accessible, except I cannot figure out how to allow my mic. I use it to upload documents and files to groups etc.

Hi all, is there an addon for whatsapp  on nvda? If yes, where can I get it with instructions on how to use it!

Sarah k Alawami

Oh woops? Yeah I use it without an add on and it works just fine.  Use the search area at the top of the screen to get around the odd table. It works fine this way.