Topics

Value of headers not readable in Thunderbird

john doe
 

Hi NVDAs,

With the latest 'next' release of NVDA and the latest release of
Thunderbird, it is not possible anymore to read the value of the header
fields of an e-mail.
For example, when using the tab key to go through the available headers,
NVDA does not speak anything for the value of the date header.

It looks like a regression because it has stopped working a while back
but can not recall when! :)

The same thing is also present with the stable release.

Am I missing something?


Any input is appriciated.

--
John Doe

hurrikennyandopo ...
 

Hi


The following add on  might help at https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/mozillaScripts.en.html

If i remember right it could also be done under the view menu then sort by. to what you wanted to hear.


The add on also is meant to make it easier to move columns that are read out in the header the old way was using the mouse to do it.


Hopefully it does the job for you.


Gene nz

On 21/03/2020 8:26 pm, john doe wrote:
Hi NVDAs,

With the latest 'next' release of NVDA and the latest release of
Thunderbird, it is not possible anymore to read the value of the header
fields of an e-mail.
For example, when using the tab key to go through the available headers,
NVDA does not speak anything for the value of the date header.

It looks like a regression because it has stopped working a while back
but can not recall when! :)

The same thing is also present with the stable release.

Am I missing something?


Any input is appriciated.

--
John Doe

john doe
 

On 3/22/2020 3:47 AM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
Hi


The following add on  might help at
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/mozillaScripts.en.html

If i remember right it could also be done under the view menu then sort
by. to what you wanted to hear.


The add on also is meant to make it easier to move columns that are read
out in the header the old way was using the mouse to do it.


Hopefully it does the job for you.
Actually, along with the field 'date' I would also like to have
'User-Agent' field,.

Using the tab key to go through all the headers the value of the field
'User-Agent' is empty.
Where the value of the field is 'User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT
10.0; WOW64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 in your case.'

--
John Doe

john doe
 
Edited

Moderator's Note: The quoted material below comes directly from an earlier message in this topic. Since it is retained for context, even though long, it's still here in top-posted format.

On 3/22/2020 6:51 AM, john doe wrote:
On 3/22/2020 3:47 AM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
Hi


The following add on  might help at
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/mozillaScripts.en.html

If i remember right it could also be done under the view menu then sort
by. to what you wanted to hear.


The add on also is meant to make it easier to move columns that are read
out in the header the old way was using the mouse to do it.


Hopefully it does the job for you.
Actually, along with the field 'date' I would also like to have
'User-Agent' field,.

Using the tab key to go through all the headers the value of the field
'User-Agent' is empty.
Where the value of the field is 'User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT
10.0; WOW64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 in your case.'
An other way to see the source of the e-mail is to go in the 'view' menu
then look for 'View source' or to use the shortcut 'CTRl+u'.

--
John Doe