Topics

Vocalizer expressive voices

Don H

Before I put down my $69 to purchase the Code Factory vocalizer voices for NVDA are there any issues that make this a bad purchase? Using a trail version now for 2019.3 beta.

Don H

Ok here is what I have found so far with the Vocalizer voices and the NVDA 2019.3 beta.
I am finding the voices very responsive and I think much better than the one core voices.
Having said that for some reason and I don't know if this was a NVDA beta issure or a Vocalizer issue. At a point after the voices working very well I had a need to reboot my system. I have american english voices installed and nothing else. For some reason NVDA started speaking in some other language. When I opened the NVDA UI the dialog box was also displaying something other than english. Had to totally remove NVDA and any left over NVDA folders to get back to speaking and showing english.

To be honest, I'd probably buy for sapi and not nvda because I would never need to update them as such.

On 11/12/2019 1:31 pm, Don H wrote:
Before I put down my $69 to purchase the Code Factory vocalizer voices for NVDA are there any issues that make this a bad purchase?  Using a trail version now for 2019.3 beta.

Don H

Are you talking about sapi 5 voices? Where do you purchase these voices?

On 12/10/2019 9:07 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
To be honest, I'd probably buy for sapi and not nvda because I would never need to update them as such.
On 11/12/2019 1:31 pm, Don H wrote:
Before I put down my $69 to purchase the Code Factory vocalizer voices for NVDA are there any issues that make this a bad purchase?  Using a trail version now for 2019.3 beta.

Orlando Enrique Fiol

At 10:21 AM 12/11/2019, Don H wrote:
Are you talking about sapi 5 voices? Where do you purchase these voices?

I purchased mine from the Tech Guys website. However, I truly don't recommend anyone purchase these SAPI5 voices if they routinely reinstall Windows. With each reinstallation, you lose one of the three activations Code Factory provides. They recommend deactivating before reinstalling Windows, so that an activation is not lost. However, there are times when one doesn't know one will reinstall until their machine won't boot, which is what happened to me a few times.
At this point, I have no remaining activations for my desktop or laptop. Contacting Eduard Sanchez, one of Code Factory's founders, has been frustrating, as he does not return my emails. I now have a completely useless set of SAPI5 voices through no fault of my own . If Dropbox provides a device deactivation dialogue, Code Factory can and should as well. It's ridiculous for a product's legal owner not to be able to deactivate devices at will.
Orlando Enrique Fiol

David Griffith

I don't know about Vocaliser Voices but I have been assured that, unlike in the past, the latest version of the Code Factory Eloquence setup has been amended so that you do not have to de-activate for a new version of Windows upgrade. From memory this worked, I think when I went to Windows 19.03.
I think if you are doing a complete fresh install it may be a different matter.
I can DropBox the Eloquence setup which I use if that would help.

David Griffith

If you

>Are you talking about sapi 5 voices? Where do you purchase these voices?

I purchased mine from the Tech Guys website. However, I truly don't recommend anyone purchase these SAPI5 voices if they routinely reinstall Windows. With each reinstallation, you lose one of the three activations Code Factory provides. They recommend deactivating before reinstalling Windows, so that an activation is not lost.
However, there are times when one doesn't know one will reinstall until their machine won't boot, which is what happened to me a few times.
At this point, I have no remaining activations for my desktop or laptop. Contacting Eduard Sanchez, one of Code Factory's founders, has been frustrating, as he does not return my emails. I now have a completely useless set of SAPI5 voices through no fault of my own .
If Dropbox provides a device deactivation dialogue, Code Factory can and should as well. It's ridiculous for a product's legal owner not to be able to deactivate devices at will.
Orlando Enrique Fiol

Abbie Taylor

I'm experiencing the same issue with Code Factory Vocalizer. I wasn't aware it was necessary to deactivate a license before upgrading my Windows 10 version. Now, I'm out of activation keys. I just emailed Code Factory through their contact form. So, will see what happens.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

Abbie Taylor

Wow, did you try changing the language in NVDA's general preferences first?
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
abbietaylor945@...

Don H

As I said the whole NVDA UI was displayed in a non english language that I could not read.

On 12/11/2019 6:51 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
Wow, did you try changing the language in NVDA's general preferences first?
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
abbietaylor945@...

Don H

Does it make any difference where you purchase the vocalizer addon for nvda? Do you buy it from ATGuys or dirrectly from Code Factory? Any difference in support? I am in the United States.

Gene

Try the following:
Open the speech dialog with control, NVDA key, v.
Type the letter e and see if you recognize the word English.  If not, type e repeatedly and see.  If you do, or think you do, press enter.

As I said the whole NVDA UI was displayed in a non english language that
I could not read.

On 12/11/2019 6:51 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
> Wow, did you try changing the language in NVDA's general preferences first?
> --
> Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
> http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
> http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
> abbietaylor945@...

Abbie Taylor

That's incredible! Well, to my surprise, this morning, I received a prompt response from Code Factory to my inquiry on their contact form. My licenses have been re-set, and I'm back in business.

While re-activating my license by uninstalling and reinstalling the add-on, then entering my activation key, I noticed a Deactivate button. So, that's how you would deactivate a license. However, the only way I see to get to that screen is to uninstall and reinstall the add-on. I pointed this out to the sales representative in my response and asked if this is correct and am waiting for a response.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
abbietaylor945@...

Josh Kennedy

Do not contact codeFactory to reset your sapi5 voice keys. Instead, contact atguys.com ... they are very responsive and will reset your key right away for you.

Chikodinaka mr. Oguledo

will the nvda 1kor voices change or the NVDA eSpeak change in the new
NVDA release? eloquence and samatha voices