Topics

Vocalizer from Tiflotechnia

Chris Shook

Hi,
Did Tiflotechnia ever update their voice list with the new voices such as Nathan, Susan, etc?
Chris

Rui Fontes

Not yet...

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 13:13 de 06/12/2018, Chris Shook escreveu:

Hi,
Did Tiflotechnia ever update their voice list with the new voices such as Nathan, Susan, etc?
Chris

Nimer Jaber

Not never. It was all supposed to be in an update that was supposed to be released two years ago, and this individual still gets on this list and tells us "not yet". Maybe by 2030 we will see this update.

--
Cordially,

Nimer Jaber

Please take the time to read this signature completely as it contains
some information about the email you have just read and all
attachments contained within as well as some valuable resources and
methods for contacting me if you have any questions or wish to talk.

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (658-0358) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!

Luis Carlos Gonzáles Moráles

Maybe by the next millennium shall be readdy, but still exagerating. But I really want the update to be happening, or in the complicated things: Can Nuance Communications, INC. resume the development of the AddOn?
Yes, I'm currently using Code Factory's Eloquence and Vocalizer unified addons, but the problem with the vocalizer ones is that say all doesn't work, neaither auto-language switching, unless it's enabled in the vocalizer settings.

--
Cordially,

Nimer Jaber

Please take the time to read this signature completely as it contains
some information about the email you have just read and all
attachments contained within as well as some valuable resources and
methods for contacting me if you have any questions or wish to talk.

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (658-0358) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!

kavein thran

don't worry, it will never happen, it's better to look out for
different vendors!

You can follow@nimerjaberon Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970)
(658-0358) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!

Vlad Dragomir

Hello friends,

You are perfectly right I think. This was the main reason why I chose to go with CodeFactory, in spite of the fact that indeed, Say All and line-spelling don’t work. I sent them a detailed email describing this almost two months ago, and I’m still waiting for an answer. Definitely, they are not perfect at all. But at least they regularly add new voices, which is the most important thing for me; I can live with not using say-all and spell-line. And definitely that guy coming here all the time with replies like “not yet”  or “very soon”, makes me laugh by now. On the other hand, I do feel sad for those who paid almost 100 euros for a product that didn’t change since 2015 or so. I remember I hesitated a lot between the two Vocalizers, and for once, I think I was lucky.

Cheers,

Vlad.

John Isige

I'm not weighing in on how people should feel here. But to be fair, I'm pretty sure the last time this came up, he said he was waiting for the transition to Python 3. And now we've just gotten a message that, fairly soon, the way you do addons will have to change. So I for one think it's sensible to give him time after this change hits. If this is the new way of doing addons and this is what he explicitly said he was waiting for, then we should see something, unless he's really waiting for the full transition to Python 3.

Like I said, I'm not trying to tell anybody how to feel about it. I'm just putting this out here because the complaint has been that you got "not yet" and "we'll see" and stuff like that. But the last time this came up and everybody complained about it, he did give the reason why an update wasn't coming, and that reason was that due to the transition to Python 3, the way addons were made would have to be changed, so he was waiting for that to happen.

I assume that's so he could get all of the major updates done at once and know they'd basically be working for the future, rather than doing a big update and then having to do another big update, or more than one, when the way addons work changed. Now you might say that reason isn't a good reason at all. That's fine, because as I'll say again to be clear, I'm not telling you how to feel about anything. I'm just saying, he did actually give a reason as to why there hasn't been an update. So saying that he doesn't tell anybody anything isn't really true. Unless the government's putting thoughts in my head again. Then all bets are off. But I asked them really nicely to stop doing that after the incident with the army officer and the flag pole. I mean sure, it was a good laugh and all, but it was hardly dignified. I'd tell you about it, but we swore we'd only speak of it amongst ourselves, and even then only if we were drunk. In a submarine. At a minimum depth of six fathoms.

Brian's Mail list account

Maybe he should do a deal with the other provider and walk away at least with some dosh as I suspect its getting a very competitive market now and they cannot keep up.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

wrote:

[...]

Hello!

1 - Nuance do not have anything with the NVDA addons for Vocalizer and Eloquence. They only sell the licenses to CodeFactory, and CodeFactory as a distributor, sells to Tiflotecnia;

2 - If you prefere a driver that don't works properly to a driver not updated but that works, it is your choice;

3 - We will release the update as soon as we are ready to do it.

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

--
Cordially,

Nimer Jaber

Please take the time to read this signature completely as it contains
some information about the email you have just read and all
attachments contained within as well as some valuable resources and
methods for contacting me if you have any questions or wish to talk.

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

You can follow@nimerjaberon Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (658-0358) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!

Nimer Jaber

I don't ordinarily do this, and I'm not doing this as an admin of this list. Seriously though, The joke is on You now. Not on us. for at least two years you have been promising an update that has still yet to arrive. And for the past two years you keep saying it is almost ready, it will be here soon. I have no faith in your company to deliver anything of what they are saying. You guys need to release an update to show us that you guys still are working on this product. and until we see that update, I think many of us on this list are going to be very skeptical of anything that you have to say. This is an angry post from me because I don't think that you are being very honest with us, with the community. and two years ago, python3 wasn't even an issue. So the excuses that you and your company are making are absolutely ridiculous. It isn't that hard to patch something or to update something later and to release an update to show us that you guys are still working on this product, that you care about your customers. But clearly, I don't know what I'm talking about because otherwise you would have done this. I strongly advise you to go back to your company and let them know that you have some pretty mistrustful users. this is not the way to earn business sir, and I guarantee you that I for one will not recommend your product to anyone until or unless you demonstrate a willingness to update your product and to be honest with our community.

Anyway, I guess maybe we should get back to discussing  the purpose of this list now. And I should refrain from future  angry posts.