Voices in Italian, French, German, and Spanish Languages

Hi Group,

A friend of mine in Turkey is interested in voice files for NVDA in
French, German, Italian, and Spanish languages.
Is there a website he can go and download those files?
Your help would be appreciated.
Nevzat
--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified

Edited

What version of Windows is he using?  If it's Windows 10 or 11, I know there are OneCore Voices available in all of those languages.  Microsoft has a support page listing all of the TTS Languages available for Windows 10 and Windows 11 (and each version of Windows has a separate tab on that page):  Appendix A: Supported languages and voices

Settings,Time & Language, Speech Pane, Add Voices button.

I'm sure these exist for other synths as well, but I have no idea what the acquisition method is.

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed

Brian, thanks for responding.
I believe he uses Windows 10.
He finds the voices that come with Windows very robotic and would like
human-sounding voices.
I would appreciate if you or anyone else would provide me the info to
get such voices in the languages mentioned in my original message .

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: Added direct link to support page documenting currently available
OneCore TTS voices for Windows 10 and 11]

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/appendix-a-supported-languages-and-voices-4486e345-7730-53da-fcfe-55cc64300f01
)

Settings,Time & Language, Speech Pane, Add Voices button.

I'm sure these exist for other synths as well, but I have no idea what the
acquisition method is.

*You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by
ignoring them.
* ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed

--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified
Literary Braille Proofreader
C: 512 502 4403
e-mail: nevzatadil@...

Rui Fontes

Vocalizer or Vocalizer Expressive.

Both versions have those voices.

You can buy online using Paypal.

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 01:24 PM, Nevzat Adil wrote:
He finds the voices that come with Windows very robotic and would like human-sounding voices.
-
Then best of luck to him.  The OneCore voices are about as human sounding as I've ever dealt with, which is why I like them so well.  Many have complained that they do not do well at very high speech rates, but the speech rate I deal with is pretty much the average human speech rate.  It seems that the "robotic sounding" voices can be sped up to insane rates with better results, but I can't understand what they're saying at that rate, anyway.

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed

Arno Schuh

Hi,

years ago Microsoft offered the RealSpeak Steffi (later Scansoft) as its German SAPI5 voice for free.
It still should be available on the Internet. Unfortunately Microsoft no longer shows the download.
http://ulrichhanke.de/Programme/RSSolo4GermanSteffi.exe

Yours sincerely

Arno