Topics

locked waterfox g3 review

Hi.

This is to compliment the issues update on github about waterfox and nvda crashing, updated today.

Just tried the new 3rd generation of waterfox modern.

Firstly, crashes are mostly gone, except that google, dropbox and skype websites want to crash when first loaded, but if you load them again they may be ok.

I wander if this is buffers, timing or something.

It seems that objects are cleared and new ones put in their place in i accessible before nvda has a chance to catch up.

The brouser does load the pages though.

My biggest gripes are:

1.  the fact resilio sync server does not display its output properly.

That is I can read thhe controls but I can't interact with the screen properly like switch windows or tabs.

The main window with all the folders and such will also not display.

There are also sidebars like extentions, search, address and a load of other clutter simular to chrome.

I suspect this is both a waterfox issue and nvda issue and am seriously wandering if this is a uia related thing though no idea how to test it.

What I do like about g3 is the ability to run classic addons like noscript classic and also current addons like extrasounds, etc.

They plan to run chrome and edge extentions which are chromium based, which means I may be able to run some google games and such which would rock.

Its actually something I want.

G3 runs fine 90% of the time.

Its the most stable brouser I have ran of this type and I am happy for its future.

What I may have to do though if this does not get fixed, is use g3, but have a 08 classic portable hanging round.

Its a small price to pay I guess but lets see if it can be fixed.

More over if they can ever fix classic that would be good to though with all the features I don't need classic really.

Shaun,

Definitely interesting, but related to NVDA in virtually no way.  Reports such as this belong on the Chat Subgroup, not the main NVDA Group.  This topic is now locked.
------

NVDA Chat Subgroup Addresses

To join:  chat+subscribe@nvda.groups.io

To unsubscribe:  chat+unsubscribe@nvda.groups.io

To receive a message containing the group description, and a list of these commands:  chat+help@nvda.groups.io

To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages on the Web):  chat+nomail@nvda.groups.io

This can also be used to put a vacation stop on group messages, then use one of the addresses below to resume delivery in the format of your choice.

To receive each group messages individually:  chat+single@nvda.groups.io

This is the default delivery unless you send a message to one of the addresses that follows.

To receive group messages in an HTML formatted digest:  chat+fulldigest@nvda.groups.io

To receive group messages in a plain text digest:  chat+digest@nvda.groups.io

To receive a daily summary instead of individual messages:  chat+summary@nvda.groups.io

To receive only special messages:  chat+special@nvda.groups.io

To contact the group owner(s):  chat+owner@nvda.groups.io
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

If you think that you can think about a thing, inextricably attached to something else, without thinking of the thing it is attached to, then you have a legal mind.

~ Thomas Reed Powell