Topics

We Couldn't Complete the Updates/Undoing Changes

Kevin Chao

How am I to install Window-Eyes? I cannot even bring up Run dialog.

On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 4:32 PM Liel Ben Simon ליאל בן סימון <liel580@...> wrote:
hi! you can use Window-eyes that allows to you to use in safe mode.
NVDA dose,t allows to use in the safe mode.

--
ליאל

There was a registry patch to allow sound drivers to run insafe mode with network support as I recall, but to get this in you once again need help. The old chicken and egg problem.
I'm glad I'm still on windows 7, as that seems to be very good at recovering from weird update issues on its own. It may take a while and reboot a lot, but it seems to get there. 8 minutes the last time I had to do it.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

liel580@...> wrote:

hi! you can use Window-eyes that allows to you to use in safe mode.
NVDA dose,t allows to use in the safe mode.

I installed Windows Updates, but since last night - NVDA only reads text
in
subject.
It seems this is a common issue for Win10 and Win8.1:
http://windowsreport.com/we-couldnt-complete-the-updatesundoing-changes/

I tried what similar article suggested, but they require going into boot
options and startup in safe mode, which don't work with screen readers.
I have tried Microsoft disability Help Desk, but they couldn't remote in,
and told me to get sighted help.

Any help from list, please? Thanks!

--
ליאל

Well I have had updates that have the systems all of them 7 loop restarting about 3-4 times till they are configured right.
I am not sure about 10 but I can only assume that the os when it loads things may or may not have the configuration just right and it needs to do whatever.

There was a registry patch to allow sound drivers to run insafe mode
with network support as I recall, but to get this in you once again need
help. The old chicken and egg problem.
I'm glad I'm still on windows 7, as that seems to be very good at
recovering from weird update issues on its own. It may take a while and
reboot a lot, but it seems to get there. 8 minutes the last time I had
to do it.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Chao" <kevinchao89@...>
liel580@...> wrote:

hi! you can use Window-eyes that allows to you to use in safe mode.
NVDA dose,t allows to use in the safe mode.

I installed Windows Updates, but since last night - NVDA only reads
text
in
subject.
It seems this is a common issue for Win10 and Win8.1:
http://windowsreport.com/we-couldnt-complete-the-updatesundoing-changes/

I tried what similar article suggested, but they require going into
boot
options and startup in safe mode, which don't work with screen readers.
I have tried Microsoft disability Help Desk, but they couldn't
remote > in,
and told me to get sighted help.

Any help from list, please? Thanks!

--
ליאל

Kevin Chao

Please note that the article I linked to and similar ones are specific to Win10 and Win8.1! :)
AFAIK, this doesn't affect Win7, nor did I ever experience it there.
Thanks for the suggested help that everyone has tried to provide!