WeatherPlus add-on

Chris Mullins

Hi

I tried running the “Check for add-on updates” on my friends computer and it fails with an error all the time and I think it’s the certification issue that is to be fixed in the next NVDA release.  In the meantime, I thought I would try updating his WeatherPlus addon from version 8.5 to 8.6 directly from the link provided in the help link accessed via   the Add-ons Manager.  I was connected to the download page for the stable version but noticed that it was version 8.4 not 8.6 that was presented, so cancelled the download.

I have already got version 8.6 on my machine and see that there is no longer a Help link in the Addons Manager entry for WeatherPlus, just an About link.

Is this situation anything to do with the nvda-addons.org site for NVDA add-ons superceding the NVDA Community add-ons site?

Cheers

Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows

Rui Fontes

Hello!

Regarding the download link still pointing to version 8.4 is my fault...

No time to dedicate to this add-on, but next week it will point to the right version...

Regarding the absence of help, I do not understand why, since in my NVDA it is still present...

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
NVDA portuguese team

Às 16:08 de 04/11/2021, Chris Mullins escreveu:

[...]

Hi Rui

I originally updated to WeatherPlus 8.6 via “Check for add-on updates and after your response re the Help link, I downloaded it from nvda-addons.org site and re-ran the install but the Help link is still missing.

Cheers

Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows