WeatherPlus, adding new cities
Vincent Le Goff
I know the question has been asked many times on this list and I'm sorry to add yet a new one, but I can't find the answer anywhere.
I'm using the last version of WeatherPlus with the stable version of NVDA and I don't find how to add new cities, or even change my current city. Yes, I have moved, so I would appreciate to retrieve up-to-date information about the weather. When I select "manage temporary cities" it seems I can only select in a list... with only one city (the current selection). No button to add or remove. In the "manage cities" settings, there's a simple text field with, again, only one line. No button to add a new city or search for one. There was a documentation in this menu before but it seems it has vanished. Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance,
Hi Vincent,toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
You must have an internet connection before you try this.
Try doing the following.
1. Open the NVDA menu/preferences/Weather plus menu.
2. Move to the set and manage your cities item and press enter.
3. In the edit combo box, type the name of your city with either US state or other country's designation for country such as UK for United Kingdom or any other designation and press enter.
4. A list of cities or perhaps if you are specific enough only one city--hopefully, your location, will appear.
5. Choose the city you want and press enter.
6. Wait a few seconds or if sounds are enable until you hear a sound and then tab once.
7. You should see a test button.
8. Press enter or space bar on the test button.
9. You will either hear a sound and hear your screen reader give an error message or hopefully if you were close enough in your search criteria a city name with associated code.
10. Then use the tab key to move to either the add button--which will put the city in your list as a temporary city or tab until you hear preset--which will add your city to the current list as the default for your location and press enter.
Then you can go back in if desired using steps one and two of this tutorial and then when in the lis of cities, move to the former location and use the tab key to move to the remove button. Otherwise you can leave the former location as a temporary city if desired.
I have over 100 cities in my list for the USA and world. It's kind of fun playing with them if you have nothing better to do. I have the check box under settings set to copy the weather forecast to clipboard when I press the NVDA + W key for forecasts. What's the weather in Hanoi Vietnam?
In Hanoi vietnam, the forecast for today is scattered thunderstorms with a maximum temperature of 67 and a minimum of 64 degrees Fahrenheit.
sunday 5 april scattered thunderstorms with a maximum temperature of 66 and a minimum of 64 degrees.
Monday 6 scattered thunderstorms with a maximum temperature of 67 and a minimum of 65 degrees.
Tuesday 7 scattered thunderstorms with a maximum temperature of 69 and a minimum of 66 degrees.
Wednesday 8 mostly cloudy with a maximum temperature of 71 and a minimum of 67 degrees.
Thursday 9 mostly cloudy with a maximum temperature of 77 and a minimum of 69 degrees.
Friday 10 thunderstorms with a maximum temperature of 79 and a minimum of 73 degrees.
Saturday 11 thunderstorms with a maximum temperature of 74 and a minimum of 72 degrees.
sunday 12 thunderstorms with a maximum temperature of 76 and a minimum of 71 degrees.
unknown, not available.
On 4/4/2020 6:13 AM, Vincent Le Goff wrote:
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"
Vincent Le Goff
Thanks for the explanation.toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Since my Internet connection is pretty unreliable these days, it turned out I had to be patient but I found my city and I preset it. Thanks again !
On 4/4/2020 2:00 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
From what I understand, it seems that in the passage you didn't
import the cities.
Il 04/04/2020 12:13, Vincent Le Goff ha scritto: