Weird Chrome behavior, NVDA restarting

Christopher Bartlett

I'm encountering an intermittent restarting of NVDA while I'm using chrome.  It is only happening on some web pages, and I haven't figured out a common thread yet.  This happened before and after updating to 2021.2.

Christopher Bartlett

--
Christopher Bartlett

Quentin Christensen

If you can pinpoint anything specific that we can try to replicate, do please let us know.  In the meantime, if you could send me a debug level NVDA log I can start investigating.

First of all, your NVDA key is either INSERT or CAPS LOCK, depending on how you have NVDA setup.  So, to set your log level:
1) Press NVDA+control+g to open the general settings
2) Press TAB until the focus is on 'Log level'
3) Press DOWN ARROW to get to 'Debug'
4) Press ENTER to close settings
5) Press NVDA+control+c to save settings.

To restart NVDA with add-ons disabled:
1) Press NVDA+Q
2) Down arrow to 'Restart with add-ons disabled'
3) Press ENTER

Next, recreate the issue - do whatever causes problems.

To get NVDA's log after that, there are several ways:

If NVDA is still running and usable:
1) Press NVDA+F1 to open the log viewer
2) Press CONTROL+A to select all.
3) Press CONTROL+C to copy.
4) Open your email and start a message to info@..., type a little about what you have done and what has happened in the body of the message, then leave a space and:
5) Press CONTROL+V to paste the copied log.

Instead of using the log viewer, or if NVDA has stopped and you needed to restart it or the computer:
1) Press WINDOWS+R to open Windows' Run dialog
2) Type %temp% and press ENTER (that's the percent sign, the letter t e m p and another percent sign).  Windows Explorer should open to the temporary folder.
3) Press TAB to move to the file list
4) Press N and move down to find up to three files:  nvda.log (the log file for the current or most recent NVDA session), nvda-old.log (the log from the previous session) and nvda-crash.dmp (a crash dump with more information created if NVDA itself crashes).
5) Depending on what email program you use, the steps will be different, but attach as many of those three files to an email to info@... as will be useful, and again in the body of the message describe a bit about what has happened.

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 4:14 AM Christopher Bartlett <themusicalbrewer@...> wrote:
I'm encountering an intermittent restarting of NVDA while I'm using chrome.  It is only happening on some web pages, and I haven't figured out a common thread yet.  This happened before and after updating to 2021.2.

Christopher Bartlett

--
Christopher Bartlett

--