Welcome screen is not appeared

Christian’s Vlog

Hi nvda users.
I am from the Philippines I have problem on my nvda on my laptop
I uninstall my nvda two months ago because my laptop is so lag I use narrator after my nvda is uninstalled
So I decided to install again nvda last night after I downloaded on the website, I go to my downloads folder and then I find NVDA on my downloads folder
And then I click NVDA file
And then, the set up screen is appeared on my screen
And then I turn off my narrator
And then after the tone the NVDA speaks
And then I checked agree on the check box and then I hit install on this computer
And then I saw the three boxes and then I leave it alone and then I hit continue button

And then my Secure screen appeared and then I hit alt Y to accept the installation process on my laptop
And then the installation starts
and then after that
Nvda speak says successfully installed
And then I click OK
And then after that nvda restarts and then I wait a little while I heard a tone, and then
And then NVDA says downloads folder
And then the welcome dialogue is not appeared
and then I tried control alt N
and then I heard Tone and then after a second I heard another Tone again
and then it says loading nvda. please wait
And then the NVDA menu is not appeared
So please can you help me?
thank you so much

Gene

If you turned off the welcome screen in the past, NVDA probably remembers that.  As with most programs, though I haven't tested this, NVDA probably remembers the settings you used previously with a different installation.

To see the welcome dialog, do the following:

Use NVDA key n to open the NVDA menu.

Type h for help

then down arrow through the help submenu.

When you get to welcome dialog, press enter.  The welcome dialog will be displayed.

Gene

On 6/2/2021 7:17 PM, Christian’s Vlog wrote:
[...]

Quentin Christensen

Which version of NVDA are you using?  NVDA 2020.4 is the version available from the main download page: https://www.nvaccess.org/download/

We are also in the beta period of the next version, so that is also currently being used by some users: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-1beta1/

Either way, in your %temp% folder, you should have a couple of files.  nvda.log is the log file for the current or most recent time NVDA was run.  nvda-old.log is the log file from the previous instance.  If NVDA has crashed there may also be nvda_crash.dmp.  If you could send as many of those as exist to me at info@... with a quick description I can see if I can find anything there.

Kind regards
Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Christian’s Vlog

So where is the nvda a key located? Thank you

On Jun 3, 2021, at 8:36 AM, Gene <gsasner@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

If you are using the desktop layout, which you are unless you changed it, it is either the main keyboard insert or the numpad insert.

Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2021 8:02 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Welcome screen is not appeared

So where is the nvda a key located? Thank you
> On Jun 3, 2021, at 8:36 AM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
>
> If you turned off the welcome screen in the past, NVDA probably remembers that.  As with most programs, though I haven't tested this, NVDA probably remembers the settings you used previously with a different installation.
>

> To see the welcome dialog, do the following:
>
> Use NVDA key n to open the NVDA menu.
>
> Type h for help
>
> then down arrow through the help submenu.
>
> When you get to welcome dialog, press enter.  The welcome dialog will be displayed.
>

> Gene
>
>> On 6/2/2021 7:17 PM, Christian’s Vlog wrote:
>> Hi nvda  users.
>> I am from the Philippines I have problem on my nvda on my laptop
>> I uninstall my nvda two months ago because my laptop is so lag I use narrator after my nvda is uninstalled
>> So I decided to install again nvda last night after I downloaded on the website, I go to my downloads folder and then I find NVDA on my downloads folder
>> And then I click NVDA file
>> And then, the set up screen is appeared on my screen
>> And then I turn off my narrator
>> And then after the tone the NVDA speaks
>> And then I checked agree on the check box and then I hit install on this computer
>> And then I saw the three boxes and then I leave it alone and then I hit continue button
>>
>> And then my Secure screen  appeared and then I hit alt Y to accept the installation process on my laptop
>> And then the installation starts
>>  and then after that
>> Nvda speak says successfully installed
>> And then I click OK
>> And then after that nvda restarts and then I wait a little while I heard a tone, and then
>> And then NVDA says downloads folder
>> And then the welcome dialogue is not appeared
>>  and then I tried control alt N
>>  and then I heard Tone  and then after a second I heard another Tone again
>>  and then it says loading nvda.  please wait
>> And then the NVDA menu is not appeared
>> So please can you help me?
>>  thank you so much

Christian’s Vlog

The latest version

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Christian’s Vlog

Where can I find the temp folder?

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Quentin Christensen

The %temp% folder is your Windows temporary folder.  If you press WINDOWS+R to open the run dialog, then type %temp% (the percent sign, the letters t, e, m, p, and then the percent sign again) and press ENTER it should open the folder.  On Windows 10 you can also open File explorer (WINDOWS+E) and type that into the address bar.