From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Ingram
Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2020 12:33 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] what addons can i get with the most recent version of NVDA?

Hi list members, i'd like to know is there a more recent updater, and what addons can I use with the most recent version of NVDA? There doesn't seem to be many choices in terms of addons that I can choose to use. I would appreciate any assistance that anyone can give in reguards to my questions. Thank you.

Gene

I don't use the updater so others can discuss it. Regarding add-ons, I don't know where you are looking. If you go to:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/index.en.html
that is the official NVDA add-ons page. That doesn't mean that no other add-ons are available elsewhere, it means that these have been checked by NVDA volunteers for safety and that they work properly.

You are on the stable add-ons page. You will see a link as you look down the page for add-ons under development. You may use them if you wish but they may have bugs, being sort of like betas.

Legacy add-ons, as I understand it, and there is a link to them as well, are those that can be used with older versions of NVDA. I'm not sure, but I don't think they will work with current versions.

If you go to the page I gave a link to earlier and move down the page using h for heading, you will move from add-on link to add-on link.