What’s the laptop keyboard gesture to move the system focus to where the review cursor is positioned

Khalid Anwar

Hi there, I’ve been looking for the answer everywhere but I just can’t seem to find it.
Is there a keyboard shortcut to move the system focus to where the review cursor is currently positioned?
also, how do you interact with information that is inside an object, I know that you can use the review cursor commands but what if there is a link or a button that you can only get to through object navigation, how can you click it?

Khalid,

Unless I'm not reading what you're asking as you mean it, all of this is covered in the Commands Quick Reference:  1.        NVDA + N, H, Q  [NVDA Menu, Help, Commands Quick Reference]

In the Navigating with the Mouse section the commands for both Move mouse to current navigator object, and its converse, Navigate to the object under the mouse, both have their desktop/laptop/touch gesture documented.   System focus follows the mouse for the instances I believe you're trying to describe.  The description for the "move mouse" command is, "Moves the mouse to the location of the current navigator object and review cursor."

In the Object Navigation section, Activate current navigator object, with it's desktop/laptop/touch gestures, is listed and described as, "
Activates the current navigator object (similar to clicking with the mouse or pressing space when it has the system focus)."

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

Mani Iyer

You use NVDA + Numpad * Enter.

Thanks,
Mani

On Jan 15, 2022, at 5:53 AM, Khalid Anwar <anwarkhalid850@...> wrote:

Hi there, I’ve been looking for the answer everywhere but I just can’t seem to find it.
Is there a keyboard shortcut to move the system focus to where the review cursor is currently positioned?
also, how do you interact with information that is inside an object, I know that you can use the review cursor commands but what if there is a link or a button that you can only get to through object navigation, how can you click it?

On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 11:25 AM, Mani Iyer wrote:
You use NVDA + Numpad * Enter.
-
If you're using desktop layout, but not if you're using laptop layout.  And that's for activating the current navigator object.

The mouse commands are used for routing system focus to the review cursor or vice versa.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

Gene

When using the desktop layout, the command is NVDA plus numpad enter.  When the default NVDA key is used, the command is a convenient numpad command, numpad insert+numppad enter.

When using the laptop layout however, the command is NVDA key plus enter on the main keyboard.  I wrote out plus so people would hear it if they have punctuation turned off.

Gene