From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of John J. Boyer
Sent: Monday, February 8, 2021 9:32 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] When will the next NVDA be released?

Hello,

It's been a long time since there was an official release of NVDA that is
available with the Check for Updates on the NVDA menu. Is there a problem?
Is nv-access short of funds? I made a donation recently.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org

zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz

Btw, the RC version was released today, and unless any critical bugs are
found, this will be identical to the final one.

It's been a long time since there was an official release of NVDA that is
available with the Check for Updates on the NVDA menu. Is there a problem?
Is nv-access short of funds? I made a donation recently.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
services
that are available at no cost

mcLeod stinnett

--
from mack they have a monthly update called in process. it doesn't take long to read and it keeps readers informed of the next release progress. when everyone gets the email that says "in process is out" be sure and read it.

Gene

Where are you looking? Check for updates isn't on the main menu. Its where such things usually are, in the help submenu.

It's been a long time since there was an official release of NVDA that is available with the Check for Updates on the NVDA menu. Is there a problem?
Is nv-access short of funds? I made a donation recently.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
that are available at no cost

Gene

I should add that I'm not using recent versions. I wrote my comment because I couldn't tell where you were looking. But my guess is that it isn't there since you used it in the past.

Where are you looking? Check for updates isn't on the main menu. Its where
such things usually are, in the help submenu.

It's been a long time since there was an official release of NVDA that is
available with the Check for Updates on the NVDA menu. Is there a problem?
Is nv-access short of funds? I made a donation recently.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
services
that are available at no cost

Quentin Christensen

And just to reply to the original questions - it has been awhile between releases - partly because we didn't want to rush things over Christmas, so that delayed things, and also there were a couple of niggly bugs we wanted to fix with languages before going to the final release - we'd alway rather push back a release and put out something which is stable, than push out something just to meet an arbitrary deadline.  The suggestion to follow In-process is definitely worthwhile to keep up to date with what we're up to: https://www.nvaccess.org/category/in-process/

As noted, the release candidate came out today, and you can read more and download it here: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2020-4rc1/

Unless anyone finds any major issues with it, then the final NVDA 2020.4 should be out within the next couple of weeks.

Oh, and yes our finances are sound, we're not about to disappear anytime soon :)  Thank you for your interest, and for your donation, it is very much appreciated!

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 8:22 PM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
[...]

Training and Support Manager

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 05:35 AM, Quentin Christensen wrote:
we'd alway rather push back a release and put out something which is stable, than push out something just to meet an arbitrary deadline.
-
A fact for which every blessed NVDA user should be eternally grateful!!

This incredibly wise approach is something that's very seldom adhered to in the world of software, and to damaging results, not only for accessibility.

       ~ Brian Vogel

Rosemarie Chavarria

Amen, Brian. It’s better to wait for a stable release than to rush it and have problems with it.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 05:35 AM, Quentin Christensen wrote:

we'd alway rather push back a release and put out something which is stable, than push out something just to meet an arbitrary deadline.

-
A fact for which every blessed NVDA user should be eternally grateful!!

This incredibly wise approach is something that's very seldom adhered to in the world of software, and to damaging results, not only for accessibility.

       ~ Brian Vogel

Kevin Cussick

don't worry it will happen soon.

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 05:27 PM, Kevin Cussick wrote:
don't worry it will happen soon.
-
Release Candidate One for NVDA 2020.4 just hit the streets (so to speak) today.  NVDA 2020.4 Release Candidate now available

       ~ Brian Vogel