Where are we with Seika braille displays driver?

Mallard

Hello all,

For ages now, the Seika braille displays no longer work with NVDA. there are several issues, some of which have always been there, but the most annoying one, which prevents me from owrking at all, is the impossibility to pan horizontally along a line.

One can only see the first 40 charachets of any line, after which there is no other way to move on than right-arrowing till the display finally reaches the second part of the line.

I read more than once, on this list as well, that the problem was being worked on, but to date I have no news of a solution.

Have i missed anything? It's quite possible, sice I haven't followed the list much lately, but I haven't found naything relevant in the arhive.

Sorry if there are posts that I have missed.

Mods, please, don't bite my head off if the question has already been answered! lol!

Stay safe,

Ollie

Deenadayalan Moodley

Hi Ollie,

I recently had to setup a Seika V5 braille display. According to the person who is using it, it is now working well. But, I must add, it is the first time this person is using a braille display and may not be getting the best out of this unit.

Thanks.

[...]

Hi,
It is indeed being worked on - latest news from GitHub is that folks are testing it after porting Seika driver to Python 3, which took a while to complete.
Cheers,
Joseph

[...]

Hello Joseph,

Many thanks for your reply - kind and exhaustive as usual.

Stay well and stay safe,

Ollie

On 05/05/2021 18:13, Joseph Lee wrote:
[...]

Thanks... No. The thingy isn't working well atall!

I have had this Seika v5 for almost eight years now, but I had used it mostly as a reading device unconnected to a pc, as it can read fro a pendrive.

Now that my pm 40 is practically ead, and most of all, now that I'm mainly using Zhengdu Screen rEader (that only supporta Seika displays), I am using the device on my pc, also with NVDA.

While it works on Zhengdu, it doesn't on NVDA, forthe reasons I stated in my previous message.

You can't scroll horizontally, which is a really time-consuming operation, but I needit for many differentl anguages.

I hopethe issue is solved soon...

Ciao, stay safe, and thanks for replying!

Ollie

On 05/05/2021 18:05, Deenadayalan Moodley wrote:
[...]

Rowen Cary

For NVDA, please temporarily use this add-on driver:

https://mc.viyf.org/pan/?/NVDA-Addons/New/Seika v3v5v80 addon for NADA v1.0.zip

Mallard

Oh... Thanks heaps!

I'm going to install it right away!

Blessings, stay safe,

Ollie

On 06/05/2021 07:39, Rowen Cary wrote:
For NVDA, please temporarily use this add-on driver:

https://mc.viyf.org/pan/?/NVDA-Addons/New/Seika v3v5v80 addon for NADA v1.0.zip

Mallard

Oooops... I've installed the ad-on, but it doesn't work...

No panning... No joy!

Stay safe,

Ollie