Topics

Which video software for nvda

Hettie

Thanks for all the helpful replies. I'll try Pontes Media Downloader as soon as I know how it works, smiles.

Hettie

On 2020/08/22 10:38 pm, Jackie wrote:
Please be careful when downloading video converters. They tend to be
notorious for containing potentially unwanted programs (PUP's) or even
outright malware. I can't count the number of machines I've had to
repair over the years because of this very reason. If you do decide
you absolutely must have such, then please try ninite first
www.ninite.com
as this bypasses all the crapware.

If not, then at least pay attention when installing & uncheck the
other offerings most of these try to present, but even so, that
doesn't always work. & Google does not screen these, so searching for
such programs there does not mean you'll necessarily get a
crapware-free app.

On 8/22/20, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
Hi Heddy,

Pontes Media Downloader does give you the option to download the full
unconverted video from Youtube.  It also allows  conversion to MP3 and
other audio formats.  I am totally blind myself and therefore I cannot
make accurate analysis of just what quality of videos are downloaded.
By default, it downloads the video in MP4 format.  I think this may be a
compressed form of the video, so if compressed video format is not good
enough, maybe this won't work for you.

In any case, the download page for this app is:
http://www.pontes.ro/en/scripts/#pmd

On 8/22/2020 4:03 PM, Hettie wrote:
I spent a lot of time searching Google for an accessible video
downloader that works with nvda.

I came accros Ummy Video Downloader  and it looks like a possibility
but unfortunately it allows only 1 free download before you need to
pay. The subscription price falls out of my monthly or once-off
budget. The video I downloaded from Youtube was of a very high quality.

Any suggestions for a free app?

Hettie

On 2020/08/22 9:45 pm, Gene wrote:
I don't use the updater so others can discuss it.  Regarding add-ons,
I don't know where you are looking.  If you go to:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/index.en.html
that is the official NVDA add-ons page.  That doesn't mean that no
other add-ons are available elsewhere, it means that these have been
checked by NVDA volunteers for safety and that they work properly.

You are on the stable add-ons page.  You will see a link as you look
down the page for add-ons under development.  You may use them if you
wish but they may have bugs, being sort of like betas.

Legacy add-ons, as I understand it, and there is a link to them as
well, are those that can be used with older versions of NVDA.  I'm
not sure, but I don't think they will work with current versions.

If you go to the page I gave a link to earlier and move down the page
using h for heading, you will move from add-on link to add-on link.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: David Ingram
Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2020 2:33 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] what addons can i get with the most recent version of
NVDA?

Hi list members, i'd like to know is there a more recent updater, and
what addons can I use with the most recent version of NVDA? There
doesn't seem to  be many choices in terms of addons that I can choose
to use.  I would appreciate any assistance that anyone can give in
reguards to my questions. Thank you.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

https://www.avg.com

Jackie

I'm told it's actually against Google's TOS to download Youtube stuff,
so maybe this is why you're having trouble.

Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2020 2:33 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
NVDA?

Hi list members, i'd like to know is there a more recent updater, and
what addons can I use with the most recent version of NVDA? There
doesn't seem to  be many choices in terms of addons that I can choose
to use.  I would appreciate any assistance that anyone can give in
reguards to my questions. Thank you.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

https://www.avg.com

Ron Canazzi

Hi Heddie,

1.  Launch Pontes.
2.  Open your browser and launch the Youtube videoe.
3.  Go to the address bar and copy the address.
4.  Move back to Pontes and paste in the address.
5.  By default, the file should download into your default download folder.  I have changed mine to something different.  you can do this under the Pontes settings. Actually you can tab to the item labeled download folder and press enter or space bar on it and a select folder dialogue should open where you can use normal Explorer navigation to select a new folder.

One other thing: You can make Pontes automatically copy the address from a Youtube page when it is launched under Pontes settings.  If you do this, there are some focus issues.  You may have to alt + tab around a few times to regain focus to Pontes once you launch the desired Youtube page.

If you need any more help, feel free to post again.

On 8/23/2020 3:44 PM, Hettie wrote:
Hi Ron

I installed Pontes Media Downloader but at a loss as to how the program works. It shows the youtube file I want to download but I can't download it. Where can I find documentation or would you help me to understand the program?

Hettie

Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2020 2:33 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] what addons can i get with the most recent version of NVDA?

Hi list members, i'd like to know is there a more recent updater, and what addons can I use with the most recent version of NVDA? There doesn't seem to  be many choices in terms of addons that I can choose to use.  I would appreciate any assistance that anyone can give in reguards to my questions. Thank you.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

abdul muhamin

Hi, there is no need to install separate software to download videos, the IDM can do the job, put pp in the video URL after YouTube. for example: youtubepp.com/aweofijoijm;vasdnv

Sent from Mail for Windows 10