Topics

Why not leave nvda's name the way it is

marvin kotler

Good morning list; Marv here.  There are enough other issues regarding the screen reader itself; so, lets leave the name the way it is; cheers

Kevin Chao

What issues are there with the screen reader?

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 6:23 AM marvin kotler <m.kotler53@...> wrote:
Good morning list; Marv here.  There are enough other issues regarding the screen reader itself; so, lets leave the name the way it is; cheers

Lenron

what issues. NVDA works grand.

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832

Angela Delicata

Well, nvda is so good as a name, why do you want to change it?
Thank you.
Angela from Italy

Il 21/03/2016 21:11, Lenron ha scritto:
what issues. NVDA works grand.

On 3/20/16, Kevin Chao <kevinchao89@...> wrote:
What issues are there with the screen reader?

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 6:23 AM marvin kotler <m.kotler53@...> wrote:

Good morning list; Marv here. There are enough other issues regarding
the
screen reader itself; so, lets leave the name the way it is; cheers

---

Arlene

Yeah, Leave it the way it is! Don’t change its name!

Well, nvda is so good as a name, why do you want to change it?
Thank you.
Angela from Italy

Il 21/03/2016 21:11, Lenron ha scritto:
what issues. NVDA works grand.

On 3/20/16, Kevin Chao <kevinchao89@...> wrote:
What issues are there with the screen reader?

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 6:23 AM marvin kotler <m.kotler53@...> wrote:

Good morning list; Marv here. There are enough other issues regarding
the
screen reader itself; so, lets leave the name the way it is; cheers

---

Noah Davis

I never heard of a name change proposal for NVDA...
Noah

wrote:

Good morning list; Marv here. There are enough other issues regarding
the
screen reader itself; so, lets leave the name the way it is; cheers

---
Questa e-mail è stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast
antivirus.

Andrew

In my humble opinion, N V D A fits like a glove. Andrew

wrote:

Good morning list; Marv here. There are enough other issues
regarding the screen reader itself; so, lets leave the name the way
it is; cheers

---
Questa e-mail è stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast
antivirus.

Bhavya shah

Hi,
I find JAWS a more easy-to-remember name for maybe sighted persons or
developers who are being told about screen reading, but that does not
mean NVDA is a bad or inappropriate name - it is perfect, and
moreover, it would be really impractical and unrealistic to even
considering getting this whole product's name changed.
It certainly shall remain the way it is, and now NVDA has a quality
attributed to its name as well as a product, and that must be
retained.
Thanks.

wrote:

Good morning list; Marv here. There are enough other issues
regarding the screen reader itself; so, lets leave the name the way
it is; cheers

---
Questa e-mail è stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast
antivirus.

Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
reader for Microsoft Windows
http://www.nvaccess.org/
Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@...
Skype id : bhavya.09

Patrick Le Baudour

At least nvda doesn't remind people of a puppet shark and some blood... Ok, sorry for that....

As a reminder, the proposition didn't came from any official source, and I wouldn't expect it to come on the agenda anytime soon. Just no point.

I think for most companies, a name change comes because a bad image (scandal, too old-fashioned, ...) or because they'd never got results and want to try a catchier name.
I don't think nvda should be concerned about that, - or is the one handling the donation some guy named maddoff, trying a new punzi pyramid scam with it ... ? ;)

Le 21/03/2016 22:38, Bhavya shah a écrit :
Hi,
I find JAWS a more easy-to-remember name for maybe sighted persons or
developers who are being told about screen reading, but that does not
mean NVDA is a bad or inappropriate name - it is perfect, and
moreover, it would be really impractical and unrealistic to even
considering getting this whole product's name changed.
It certainly shall remain the way it is, and now NVDA has a quality
attributed to its name as well as a product, and that must be
retained.
Thanks.

On 3

Rosemarie Chavarria

NVDA works fine here too.

On 3/21/2016 1:11 PM, Lenron wrote:
what issues. NVDA works grand.

On 3/20/16, Kevin Chao <kevinchao89@...> wrote:
What issues are there with the screen reader?

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 6:23 AM marvin kotler <m.kotler53@...> wrote:

Good morning list; Marv here. There are enough other issues regarding
the
screen reader itself; so, lets leave the name the way it is; cheers

Did I miss something? Is someone wanting to change the name of NVDA to being called something else?
---
Christopher Gilland
JAWS Certified, 2016.
Training Instructor.

@AHeart4God316
Phone: (704) 256-8010 Extension 401.

Well, nvda is so good as a name, why do you want to change it?
Thank you.
Angela from Italy

Il 21/03/2016 21:11, Lenron ha scritto:
what issues. NVDA works grand.

On 3/20/16, Kevin Chao <kevinchao89@...> wrote:
What issues are there with the screen reader?

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 6:23 AM marvin kotler <m.kotler53@...> wrote:

Good morning list; Marv here. There are enough other issues regarding
the
screen reader itself; so, lets leave the name the way it is; cheers

---

Frankly, nor did I, although I admittedly am! a bit behind on my mail.
---

wrote:

Good morning list; Marv here. There are enough other issues regarding
the
screen reader itself; so, lets leave the name the way it is; cheers

---
Questa e-mail è stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast
antivirus.

100 and fifty billion, trillion! times percent agree.
---

wrote:

Good morning list; Marv here. There are enough other issues
regarding the screen reader itself; so, lets leave the name the way
it is; cheers

---
Questa e-mail è stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast
antivirus.

Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
reader for Microsoft Windows
http://www.nvaccess.org/
Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@...
Skype id : bhavya.09

David Tanner

C with the NVDA being the name and getting the reputation that has over the past 10 years it would not seem to be a smart idea to change the name now.

Sent from my iPod

wrote:

Good morning list; Marv here. There are enough other issues regarding
the
screen reader itself; so, lets leave the name the way it is; cheers
---
Questa e-mail è stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast
antivirus.

Irlanda Hernandez

Hi I don't have a computer because I ruined mine. So, I need to get me a windows 7 disk which I cannot find. I have been on top of the NVDA though. My question is what changes are being made to the NVDA 2016? Also, here is a hunch but here it goes. May I use NVDA on my galaxy tablet? Probably a dumb question but I had to ask. Lol! Thanks, God bless and take care.

What issues are there with the screen reader?

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 6:23 AM marvin kotler <m.kotler53@...> wrote:

Good morning list; Marv here. There are enough other issues regarding
the
screen reader itself; so, lets leave the name the way it is; cheers

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832
Skype: ron.brown762

Uh, Windows 7 on a Galaxy? Um... yeah, you probably could do it with a lot of hacking and custom mod/romming, but, whether it would be legal? I dono, and beside, uh... why? That would be a waist of a darn nice Android tablet, in my opinion.
---
[...]

Hi, no, I meant NVDA on my galaxy tablet. Uh, yeah windows 7 on my tablet but I meant my tablet. Thanks, and God bless.