Topics

locked win10 2004 and file explorer options issue

Hi.

Just noticed another little issue with options in folder options/view.

In particularly hidden files and protected os files.

Sometimes when you tick an option to show or hide they may or may not take and have to be done again.

Sometimes they will not reset at all and you have to restore folders.

Its not a showstopper its just annoying, has anyone else noticed this.

I have noticed this on both my computers here.

Now I don't need to really have these options off at least for the c drive except after an install when I want to clear extra junk folders.

It but for my resilios I need to access a folder to clean out its junk files

Though as I sit here I find since I know the folder name I can actually access it without doing so.

Still its another small glitch with this update.

I have also put up a blog post at http://technology.jaredrimer.net on the windows 10 page with links to various drivers I got from codecguide.com.

Due to losing posting on one list I won't post any more information I can't verify or in fact breaks the verification rules.

And since while I can do links I refuse to include entire article pages to justify my posts I'll leave it to others to do.

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 03:32 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
And since while I can do links I refuse to include entire article pages to justify my posts I'll leave it to others to do.
The problem, Shaun, is that you almost never include anything, period, that backs up your assertions that are incorrect.  This has been the case on the NVDA group, too.

Links would have been more than adequate, but were virtually never provided, either proactively or when requested.  And those who share reliably accurate information either include citations as a matter of their regular posting practice or can produce same when asked.

Sarah k Alawami

Exactly. So for now I will just say that you are speaking false words, again. You seem to be the only one having this issue as I have not seen it on any of the lists i'm on. So go report it and have done with it. Good luck in what might be a fruitless journey.

Take care

On 29 May 2020, at 14:30, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 03:32 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
And since while I can do links I refuse to include entire article pages to justify my posts I'll leave it to others to do.
The problem, Shaun, is that you almost never include anything, period, that backs up your assertions that are incorrect.  This has been the case on the NVDA group, too.

Links would have been more than adequate, but were virtually never provided, either proactively or when requested.  And those who share reliably accurate information either include citations as a matter of their regular posting practice or can produce same when asked.

Hmmm I got the warning messages before the request and had no chance to respond to the requests at all.

I am making sure I previde links from now on, but I'd like the option to try again knowing that I need to put links and really should in any case.

On 30/05/2020 9:30 am, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 03:32 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
And since while I can do links I refuse to include entire article pages to justify my posts I'll leave it to others to do.
The problem, Shaun, is that you almost never include anything, period, that backs up your assertions that are incorrect.  This has been the case on the NVDA group, too.

Links would have been more than adequate, but were virtually never provided, either proactively or when requested.  And those who share reliably accurate information either include citations as a matter of their regular posting practice or can produce same when asked.

To make it clear, before this happened I was configuring some optional features, but it could have happened before this, I was getting rid of some unsecure smb protocols that I did no longer need.

However putting everything back didn't seem to do much.

Its just that settings in file explorer options will not take till I do them twice.

So far this is just the hide protected system files and hidden folders and files, its another annoyance but not a showstopper as I can get around it.

I hhave had it on 2 units an amd ryzen 2ng gen and my 4th generation intel in the same house and also a 7th gen intel I have in another location so its not just my configuration.

I will probably feed back these and see what happens to it.

Its not that important exactly, most of the time I only touch this stuff after major updates and while I need to get access to some folders to do with some file syncing services, I can get access to those another way.

As for others saying only install early if you want to be in the shakedown cruise, I am fully aware of this.

I have tested things for several years now and when its stable enough for the public to use then I will gladly test things as long as its not effecting me directly with to many issues, I have backups.

I would not suggest anyone else do what I do unless they want to test to.

I also wish to note, before locking this topic, that it has zip, nada, zilch to do with NVDA in any way, shape, or form.  Extended discussion of Windows 10 issues is not on-topic for the main NVDA forum.

If further discussion is desired or required, a separate topic should be opened in the Chat Subgroup.

To receive a message containing the group description, and a list of these commands:  chat+help@nvda.groups.io

To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages on the Web):  chat+nomail@nvda.groups.io
This can also be used to put a vacation stop on group messages, then use one of the addresses below to resume delivery in the format of your choice.

To receive each group messages individually:  chat+single@nvda.groups.io
This is the default delivery unless you send a message to one of the addresses that follows.

To receive group messages in an HTML formatted digest:  chat+fulldigest@nvda.groups.io

To receive group messages in a plain text digest:  chat+digest@nvda.groups.io

To receive a daily summary instead of individual messages:  chat+summary@nvda.groups.io

To receive only special messages:  chat+special@nvda.groups.io