Topics

Windows10Mail i selection view? To say Selected or Unselected before anything else?

Gerardo Corripio

who would need to Intigrate code, so that while in the Windows10 Mail app, in Selection view, when arrowing up and down through EMails, I’d know if a message is selected or unselected, before speaking anything else like the subject etc? I know that not everyone Would be happy with this option as default, thus maybe a toggle would be useful, it if if it were to be implemented someday? The selected/unselected status at the beginning of the speech stream, for me at least, would make it more efficient to go through mails while in Selection view.

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone SE de Telcel

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

i am confused. Why would an email be selected if your cursor was not on it/
If we don't take time to think before we speak we may find ourselves in a situation where our speech becomes a bit stinky!

----- Original Message -----
To: "NVDA English EMail List" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 5:27 AM
Subject: [nvda] Windows10Mail i selection view? To say Selected or Unselected before anything else?

who would need to Intigrate code, so that while in the Windows10 Mail app, in Selection view, when arrowing up and down through EMails, I’d know if a message is selected or unselected, before speaking anything else like the subject etc? I know that not everyone Would be happy with this option as default, thus maybe a toggle would be useful, it if if it were to be implemented someday? The selected/unselected status at the beginning of the speech stream, for me at least, would make it more efficient to go through mails while in Selection view.

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone SE de Telcel

Gerardo Corripio

Using the Windows10 native Mail app, put yourselves into Selection View, and space to select or unselect an Email, right? I’d like for NVDA tell you before anything else (subject and other info) when an Email is selected and unselected, while arrowing up or down through the Emails within the Selection View. That way, I could remind myself which Emails have been selected, and in case I think twice about having selected one, I could unselect it. Make sense?

Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

De: Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Enviado: miércoles, 1 de abril de 2020 06:46 p. m.
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Asunto: Re: [nvda] Windows10Mail i selection view? To say Selected or Unselected before anything else?

i am confused. Why would an email be selected if your cursor was not on it/

If we don't take time to think before we speak we may find ourselves in a

situation where our speech becomes a bit stinky!

----- Original Message -----

To: "NVDA English EMail List" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 5:27 AM

Subject: [nvda] Windows10Mail i selection view? To say Selected or

Unselected before anything else?

who would need to Intigrate code, so that while in the Windows10 Mail app,

in Selection view, when arrowing up and down through EMails, I’d know if a

message is selected or unselected, before speaking anything else like the

subject etc? I know that not everyone Would be happy with this option as

default, thus maybe a toggle would be useful, it if if it were to be

implemented someday? The selected/unselected status at the beginning of the

speech stream, for me at least, would make it more efficient to go through