windows 10 app esentials add-on


Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Hi, everyone,

 

I’m now using the mail app because outlook 2013 is no longer working with my gmail account. Where do I get the new version of windows 10 app esentials? I think I might need it for the mail app which I’m now using. I can read some messages in the mail app but not others. This add-on might be helpful.

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 


 

This is a direct link to the download.

https://addons.nvda-project.org/files/get.php?file=w10


You should also have this, Add-on Updater.

https://addons.nvda-project.org/files/get.php?file=nvda3208






On 5/25/2022 12:09 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

 

I’m now using the mail app because outlook 2013 is no longer working with my gmail account. Where do I get the new version of windows 10 app esentials? I think I might need it for the mail app which I’m now using. I can read some messages in the mail app but not others. This add-on might be helpful.

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 


Rosemarie Chavarria
 

Hi,

 

Thanks for the new update but I still can’t read some messages in the mail app automatically after hitting enter. I wonder if I need to use narrator to read messages in the mail app now.

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Governor staten
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 9:14 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

This is a direct link to the download.

https://addons.nvda-project.org/files/get.php?file=w10

 

You should also have this, Add-on Updater.

https://addons.nvda-project.org/files/get.php?file=nvda3208

 

 

 

 

On 5/25/2022 12:09 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

 

I’m now using the mail app because outlook 2013 is no longer working with my gmail account. Where do I get the new version of windows 10 app esentials? I think I might need it for the mail app which I’m now using. I can read some messages in the mail app but not others. This add-on might be helpful.

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

 


Gene
 

You can read about it and download it here:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/wintenApps.en.html

You can get Outlook 2013 to work with it if you use an application specific password from Google. 

Whatever you do, you may want to check to see if messages are being deleted from the server when you delete them using Windows Mail.  I am not saying my experience is typical or represents others' experiences, but using GMail, when I delete a message using Windows Mail, it remains on the server, I believe in the inbox.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 11:09 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

 

I’m now using the mail app because outlook 2013 is no longer working with my gmail account. Where do I get the new version of windows 10 app esentials? I think I might need it for the mail app which I’m now using. I can read some messages in the mail app but not others. This add-on might be helpful.

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

.


Gene
 

I'm not saying this to give you a hard time, but I've seen you be really finicky about e-mail programs.  Screen-readers are in complex environments with all sorts of possible behaviors to account for.  You say messages aren't read automatically.  In almost every e-mail program I've used, you need to issue the read to end command after opening a message to have messages read as you wish, either without a lot of repetition of the subject line first or some other behavior or behaviors you don't want.  I therefore use Read to end after opening every message in various e-mail programs where it results in proper behavior, and I get the behavior I want.  Once you do this for a little while, it will  become second nature. 

There are some behaviors of screen-readers that you can't reasonably solve and the best thing to do is to adopt this or that action.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 11:28 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi,

 

Thanks for the new update but I still can’t read some messages in the mail app automatically after hitting enter. I wonder if I need to use narrator to read messages in the mail app now.

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Governor staten
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 9:14 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

This is a direct link to the download.

https://addons.nvda-project.org/files/get.php?file=w10

 

You should also have this, Add-on Updater.

https://addons.nvda-project.org/files/get.php?file=nvda3208

 

 

 

 

On 5/25/2022 12:09 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

 

I’m now using the mail app because outlook 2013 is no longer working with my gmail account. Where do I get the new version of windows 10 app esentials? I think I might need it for the mail app which I’m now using. I can read some messages in the mail app but not others. This add-on might be helpful.

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

 



Gene
 

If I open a message and let NVDA do what it wants, I hear reading pane grouping repeated twice, and then page 1 spoken.  If I use Read to end, I begin to hear reading pane and then I hear page 1 and the message begins to be read.  I've eliminated hearing reading pane once and most of another announcement of the same thing.  I've eliminated enough repetition to amount to something.  Messages are read automatically when I use Windows Mail.  I don't know why some aren't in your case.  But even if they are, you re still hearing needless repetition when you open all messages.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 11:42 AM, Gene via groups.io wrote:
I'm not saying this to give you a hard time, but I've seen you be really finicky about e-mail programs.  Screen-readers are in complex environments with all sorts of possible behaviors to account for.  You say messages aren't read automatically.  In almost every e-mail program I've used, you need to issue the read to end command after opening a message to have messages read as you wish, either without a lot of repetition of the subject line first or some other behavior or behaviors you don't want.  I therefore use Read to end after opening every message in various e-mail programs where it results in proper behavior, and I get the behavior I want.  Once you do this for a little while, it will  become second nature. 

There are some behaviors of screen-readers that you can't reasonably solve and the best thing to do is to adopt this or that action.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 11:28 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi,

 

Thanks for the new update but I still can’t read some messages in the mail app automatically after hitting enter. I wonder if I need to use narrator to read messages in the mail app now.

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Governor staten
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 9:14 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

This is a direct link to the download.

https://addons.nvda-project.org/files/get.php?file=w10

 

You should also have this, Add-on Updater.

https://addons.nvda-project.org/files/get.php?file=nvda3208

 

 

 

 

On 5/25/2022 12:09 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

 

I’m now using the mail app because outlook 2013 is no longer working with my gmail account. Where do I get the new version of windows 10 app esentials? I think I might need it for the mail app which I’m now using. I can read some messages in the mail app but not others. This add-on might be helpful.

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

 




 

I am going to throw out here that any NVDA user that also uses add-ons would be doing themselves a service to be certain that they have the Add-On Updater add-on as one they've got installed.

Virtually any, "Where do I get the latest . . . ?," questions for all the official add-ons go away when Add-On Updater is in use.  When a newer version of one of the "official add-ons" is released, Add-On Updater will detect that and fetch and install it.

If memory serves, the Add-On Updater functionality is eventually supposed to be integrated into the NVDA Core Code, but I am not 100% positive of that recollection nor of any official timeline.  For now, get the Add-On Updater Add-On.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by ignoring them.
     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed


 

hello! i know it is not the exact answer but i suggest you to try pop peeper as an email app.
it is apsoluytely accessible and working with nvda

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rosemarie Chavarria" <knitqueen2007@...>
To: "nvda@groups.io" <nvda@groups.io>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 09:09:29 -0700
Subject: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

Hi, everyone,



I’m now using the mail app because outlook 2013 is no longer working with my gmail account. Where do I get the new version of windows 10 app esentials? I think I might need it for the mail app which I’m now using. I can read some messages in the mail app but not others. This add-on might be helpful.



Thanks for your help in advance.



Rosemarie







Sent from Mail for Windows




Luke Davis
 

Brian Vogel wrote:

the Add-On Updater functionality is eventually supposed to be integrated into the NVDA Core Code, but I am not 100% positive of that recollection nor of any
official timeline.
Something like that, yes. But there is no official timeline, because a bunch of large things about the way add-ons are managed have to change behind the scenes first, as I understand it.

Don't expect this in anything like the near future.
It's one of those "it'll happen when it happens" situations.

Add-on Updater, and Windows App Essentials, are still the number one most important add-ons that any user should be running, as practically the first thing you do with NVDA.

Luke


Arlene
 

Hi list! I got my windows ten app to finally work!  I had to get the windows app from the Microsoft store.  I had to read the account. I had to allow it since I’m using gmail.  Usually I get a friend to fix these things for me. But I did it myself! Woo hoo.  I went on google / start page to read how to fix the windows ten app. And I did it! I followed the instructions to the t!

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Gene
Sent: May 25, 2022 9:33 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

You can read about it and download it here:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/wintenApps.en.html

You can get Outlook 2013 to work with it if you use an application specific password from Google. 

Whatever you do, you may want to check to see if messages are being deleted from the server when you delete them using Windows Mail.  I am not saying my experience is typical or represents others' experiences, but using GMail, when I delete a message using Windows Mail, it remains on the server, I believe in the inbox.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 11:09 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

 

I’m now using the mail app because outlook 2013 is no longer working with my gmail account. Where do I get the new version of windows 10 app esentials? I think I might need it for the mail app which I’m now using. I can read some messages in the mail app but not others. This add-on might be helpful.

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

.

 

 


Kim Vaughn
 

Great Job, Arleen.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 5:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

Hi list! I got my windows ten app to finally work!  I had to get the windows app from the Microsoft store.  I had to read the account. I had to allow it since I’m using gmail.  Usually I get a friend to fix these things for me. But I did it myself! Woo hoo.  I went on google / start page to read how to fix the windows ten app. And I did it! I followed the instructions to the t!

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Gene
Sent: May 25, 2022 9:33 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

You can read about it and download it here:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/wintenApps.en.html

You can get Outlook 2013 to work with it if you use an application specific password from Google. 

Whatever you do, you may want to check to see if messages are being deleted from the server when you delete them using Windows Mail.  I am not saying my experience is typical or represents others' experiences, but using GMail, when I delete a message using Windows Mail, it remains on the server, I believe in the inbox.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 11:09 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

 

I’m now using the mail app because outlook 2013 is no longer working with my gmail account. Where do I get the new version of windows 10 app esentials? I think I might need it for the mail app which I’m now using. I can read some messages in the mail app but not others. This add-on might be helpful.

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

.

 

 


Gene
 

Its good that you did those things yourself. 

I don't know what you downloaded and and what problems it solved, but if you download the NVDA Windows Essentials add-on from the NVDA downloads page, that is nothing but an NVDA add-on and requires no permissions, you just install it.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arlene

Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 5:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

Hi list! I got my windows ten app to finally work!  I had to get the windows app from the Microsoft store.  I had to read the account. I had to allow it since I’m using gmail.  Usually I get a friend to fix these things for me. But I did it myself! Woo hoo.  I went on google / start page to read how to fix the windows ten app. And I did it! I followed the instructions to the t!

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Gene
Sent: May 25, 2022 9:33 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

You can read about it and download it here:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/wintenApps.en.html

You can get Outlook 2013 to work with it if you use an application specific password from Google. 

Whatever you do, you may want to check to see if messages are being deleted from the server when you delete them using Windows Mail.  I am not saying my experience is typical or represents others' experiences, but using GMail, when I delete a message using Windows Mail, it remains on the server, I believe in the inbox.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 11:09 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

 

I’m now using the mail app because outlook 2013 is no longer working with my gmail account. Where do I get the new version of windows 10 app esentials? I think I might need it for the mail app which I’m now using. I can read some messages in the mail app but not others. This add-on might be helpful.

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

.

 

 



Arlene
 

Thanks. I even went to the addons page and got the addon for windows ten mail.  For some strange reason the windows ten app became corrupt I could not open it. I had to go to the google site to read my mail. I went to the start menue, I did the applications key to move the app to settings. Then I reset the app and I had to redownload it from the Microsoft store. Then I signed up and put gmail on it. When I had Microsoft word ten witch used outlook it doesn’t work for windows ten. Before I quit using outlook. For some strange reason I had to go to google to allow outlook to use gmail.  Just like rosemary she’s having that same problem. You have to keep allowing it just to do gmail. That’s the same with this windows ten ap. I had to allow it. When I did all this. I used Jaws.  But with getting the addon I used NVDA. This took from Sunday to today. I did lots of reading and I did it slowly so I won’t mess anything up.   

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Kim Vaughn
Sent: May 25, 2022 4:42 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

Great Job, Arleen.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 5:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

Hi list! I got my windows ten app to finally work!  I had to get the windows app from the Microsoft store.  I had to read the account. I had to allow it since I’m using gmail.  Usually I get a friend to fix these things for me. But I did it myself! Woo hoo.  I went on google / start page to read how to fix the windows ten app. And I did it! I followed the instructions to the t!

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Gene
Sent: May 25, 2022 9:33 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

You can read about it and download it here:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/wintenApps.en.html

You can get Outlook 2013 to work with it if you use an application specific password from Google. 

Whatever you do, you may want to check to see if messages are being deleted from the server when you delete them using Windows Mail.  I am not saying my experience is typical or represents others' experiences, but using GMail, when I delete a message using Windows Mail, it remains on the server, I believe in the inbox.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 11:09 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

 

I’m now using the mail app because outlook 2013 is no longer working with my gmail account. Where do I get the new version of windows 10 app esentials? I think I might need it for the mail app which I’m now using. I can read some messages in the mail app but not others. This add-on might be helpful.

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

.

 

 

 


Gene
 

So you are talking about the Windows Mail app itself.  I couldn't tell what you had done.

It doesn't sound to me as though Rosemary is having the same problem.  Rosemary only said her mail isn't automatically being read aloud in all cases, indicating that it is being downloaded but that some messages need to be manually read.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 10:21 PM, Arlene wrote:

Thanks. I even went to the addons page and got the addon for windows ten mail.  For some strange reason the windows ten app became corrupt I could not open it. I had to go to the google site to read my mail. I went to the start menue, I did the applications key to move the app to settings. Then I reset the app and I had to redownload it from the Microsoft store. Then I signed up and put gmail on it. When I had Microsoft word ten witch used outlook it doesn’t work for windows ten. Before I quit using outlook. For some strange reason I had to go to google to allow outlook to use gmail.  Just like rosemary she’s having that same problem. You have to keep allowing it just to do gmail. That’s the same with this windows ten ap. I had to allow it. When I did all this. I used Jaws.  But with getting the addon I used NVDA. This took from Sunday to today. I did lots of reading and I did it slowly so I won’t mess anything up.   

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Kim Vaughn
Sent: May 25, 2022 4:42 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

Great Job, Arleen.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 5:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

Hi list! I got my windows ten app to finally work!  I had to get the windows app from the Microsoft store.  I had to read the account. I had to allow it since I’m using gmail.  Usually I get a friend to fix these things for me. But I did it myself! Woo hoo.  I went on google / start page to read how to fix the windows ten app. And I did it! I followed the instructions to the t!

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Gene
Sent: May 25, 2022 9:33 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

You can read about it and download it here:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/wintenApps.en.html

You can get Outlook 2013 to work with it if you use an application specific password from Google. 

Whatever you do, you may want to check to see if messages are being deleted from the server when you delete them using Windows Mail.  I am not saying my experience is typical or represents others' experiences, but using GMail, when I delete a message using Windows Mail, it remains on the server, I believe in the inbox.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 11:09 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

 

I’m now using the mail app because outlook 2013 is no longer working with my gmail account. Where do I get the new version of windows 10 app esentials? I think I might need it for the mail app which I’m now using. I can read some messages in the mail app but not others. This add-on might be helpful.

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

.

 

 

 



Arlene
 

, for some strange reason the mail app became badly corrupt.  If this happens to anybody. You go to the start menue, find your mail app. Do not open it. Hold down the shift key and hit f ten.  Arrow to where you will hear any screen reader say more. You’ll see things like uninstall and other things I can’t remember. But hit enter where you hear more. After that. You’ll hear something like unpin from start menue. Move to settings.  You’ll see something like mail on calendar onn etc.  Tab until you see reset.  After that. Go back to settings witch you’d do this by  holding down the windows key. Hit I. Then go to apps and features. If you don’t see the mail app. In that place go to Microsoft store.  In there, type in the search field “mail calendar” Once you see that. Get it. Once that’s done. Go to mail and add your account.  If you use gmail witch I do.  You will be warned that you are allowing windows to get your messages from gmail site you can delete them in the mail app and other stuff.  You have to allow it.  You type in your gmail address and password  and your name. Then once that’s done you’re good to go. 

I hope this info is clear.

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Gene
Sent: May 25, 2022 8:42 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

So you are talking about the Windows Mail app itself.  I couldn't tell what you had done.

It doesn't sound to me as though Rosemary is having the same problem.  Rosemary only said her mail isn't automatically being read aloud in all cases, indicating that it is being downloaded but that some messages need to be manually read.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 10:21 PM, Arlene wrote:

Thanks. I even went to the addons page and got the addon for windows ten mail.  For some strange reason the windows ten app became corrupt I could not open it. I had to go to the google site to read my mail. I went to the start menue, I did the applications key to move the app to settings. Then I reset the app and I had to redownload it from the Microsoft store. Then I signed up and put gmail on it. When I had Microsoft word ten witch used outlook it doesn’t work for windows ten. Before I quit using outlook. For some strange reason I had to go to google to allow outlook to use gmail.  Just like rosemary she’s having that same problem. You have to keep allowing it just to do gmail. That’s the same with this windows ten ap. I had to allow it. When I did all this. I used Jaws.  But with getting the addon I used NVDA. This took from Sunday to today. I did lots of reading and I did it slowly so I won’t mess anything up.   

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Kim Vaughn
Sent: May 25, 2022 4:42 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

Great Job, Arleen.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 5:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

Hi list! I got my windows ten app to finally work!  I had to get the windows app from the Microsoft store.  I had to read the account. I had to allow it since I’m using gmail.  Usually I get a friend to fix these things for me. But I did it myself! Woo hoo.  I went on google / start page to read how to fix the windows ten app. And I did it! I followed the instructions to the t!

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Gene
Sent: May 25, 2022 9:33 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

You can read about it and download it here:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/wintenApps.en.html

You can get Outlook 2013 to work with it if you use an application specific password from Google. 

Whatever you do, you may want to check to see if messages are being deleted from the server when you delete them using Windows Mail.  I am not saying my experience is typical or represents others' experiences, but using GMail, when I delete a message using Windows Mail, it remains on the server, I believe in the inbox.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 11:09 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

 

I’m now using the mail app because outlook 2013 is no longer working with my gmail account. Where do I get the new version of windows 10 app esentials? I think I might need it for the mail app which I’m now using. I can read some messages in the mail app but not others. This add-on might be helpful.

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

.

 

 

 

 

 


Ravindran V.S.
 

Hi All,

Just following all the information shared here.

Thanks everyone for sharing these useful information.

Appreciate if someone could guide me about an update for the ”Translate” Add-on please.

Thanks,

Ravi.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2022 9:34 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

, for some strange reason the mail app became badly corrupt.  If this happens to anybody. You go to the start menue, find your mail app. Do not open it. Hold down the shift key and hit f ten.  Arrow to where you will hear any screen reader say more. You’ll see things like uninstall and other things I can’t remember. But hit enter where you hear more. After that. You’ll hear something like unpin from start menue. Move to settings.  You’ll see something like mail on calendar onn etc.  Tab until you see reset.  After that. Go back to settings witch you’d do this by  holding down the windows key. Hit I. Then go to apps and features. If you don’t see the mail app. In that place go to Microsoft store.  In there, type in the search field “mail calendar” Once you see that. Get it. Once that’s done. Go to mail and add your account.  If you use gmail witch I do.  You will be warned that you are allowing windows to get your messages from gmail site you can delete them in the mail app and other stuff.  You have to allow it.  You type in your gmail address and password  and your name. Then once that’s done you’re good to go. 

I hope this info is clear.

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Gene
Sent: May 25, 2022 8:42 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

So you are talking about the Windows Mail app itself.  I couldn't tell what you had done.

It doesn't sound to me as though Rosemary is having the same problem.  Rosemary only said her mail isn't automatically being read aloud in all cases, indicating that it is being downloaded but that some messages need to be manually read.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 10:21 PM, Arlene wrote:

Thanks. I even went to the addons page and got the addon for windows ten mail.  For some strange reason the windows ten app became corrupt I could not open it. I had to go to the google site to read my mail. I went to the start menue, I did the applications key to move the app to settings. Then I reset the app and I had to redownload it from the Microsoft store. Then I signed up and put gmail on it. When I had Microsoft word ten witch used outlook it doesn’t work for windows ten. Before I quit using outlook. For some strange reason I had to go to google to allow outlook to use gmail.  Just like rosemary she’s having that same problem. You have to keep allowing it just to do gmail. That’s the same with this windows ten ap. I had to allow it. When I did all this. I used Jaws.  But with getting the addon I used NVDA. This took from Sunday to today. I did lots of reading and I did it slowly so I won’t mess anything up.   

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Kim Vaughn
Sent: May 25, 2022 4:42 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

Great Job, Arleen.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 5:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

Hi list! I got my windows ten app to finally work!  I had to get the windows app from the Microsoft store.  I had to read the account. I had to allow it since I’m using gmail.  Usually I get a friend to fix these things for me. But I did it myself! Woo hoo.  I went on google / start page to read how to fix the windows ten app. And I did it! I followed the instructions to the t!

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Gene
Sent: May 25, 2022 9:33 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

You can read about it and download it here:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/wintenApps.en.html

You can get Outlook 2013 to work with it if you use an application specific password from Google. 

Whatever you do, you may want to check to see if messages are being deleted from the server when you delete them using Windows Mail.  I am not saying my experience is typical or represents others' experiences, but using GMail, when I delete a message using Windows Mail, it remains on the server, I believe in the inbox.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 11:09 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

 

I’m now using the mail app because outlook 2013 is no longer working with my gmail account. Where do I get the new version of windows 10 app esentials? I think I might need it for the mail app which I’m now using. I can read some messages in the mail app but not others. This add-on might be helpful.

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

.

 

 

 

 

 


Ravindran V.S.
 

Hi,

Just how good this mail app with NVDA? Is it fully accessible? And is it free?

I have been using the Outlook ap.

Thanks,

Ravi.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2022 9:34 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

, for some strange reason the mail app became badly corrupt.  If this happens to anybody. You go to the start menue, find your mail app. Do not open it. Hold down the shift key and hit f ten.  Arrow to where you will hear any screen reader say more. You’ll see things like uninstall and other things I can’t remember. But hit enter where you hear more. After that. You’ll hear something like unpin from start menue. Move to settings.  You’ll see something like mail on calendar onn etc.  Tab until you see reset.  After that. Go back to settings witch you’d do this by  holding down the windows key. Hit I. Then go to apps and features. If you don’t see the mail app. In that place go to Microsoft store.  In there, type in the search field “mail calendar” Once you see that. Get it. Once that’s done. Go to mail and add your account.  If you use gmail witch I do.  You will be warned that you are allowing windows to get your messages from gmail site you can delete them in the mail app and other stuff.  You have to allow it.  You type in your gmail address and password  and your name. Then once that’s done you’re good to go. 

I hope this info is clear.

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Gene
Sent: May 25, 2022 8:42 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

So you are talking about the Windows Mail app itself.  I couldn't tell what you had done.

It doesn't sound to me as though Rosemary is having the same problem.  Rosemary only said her mail isn't automatically being read aloud in all cases, indicating that it is being downloaded but that some messages need to be manually read.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 10:21 PM, Arlene wrote:

Thanks. I even went to the addons page and got the addon for windows ten mail.  For some strange reason the windows ten app became corrupt I could not open it. I had to go to the google site to read my mail. I went to the start menue, I did the applications key to move the app to settings. Then I reset the app and I had to redownload it from the Microsoft store. Then I signed up and put gmail on it. When I had Microsoft word ten witch used outlook it doesn’t work for windows ten. Before I quit using outlook. For some strange reason I had to go to google to allow outlook to use gmail.  Just like rosemary she’s having that same problem. You have to keep allowing it just to do gmail. That’s the same with this windows ten ap. I had to allow it. When I did all this. I used Jaws.  But with getting the addon I used NVDA. This took from Sunday to today. I did lots of reading and I did it slowly so I won’t mess anything up.   

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Kim Vaughn
Sent: May 25, 2022 4:42 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

Great Job, Arleen.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 5:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

Hi list! I got my windows ten app to finally work!  I had to get the windows app from the Microsoft store.  I had to read the account. I had to allow it since I’m using gmail.  Usually I get a friend to fix these things for me. But I did it myself! Woo hoo.  I went on google / start page to read how to fix the windows ten app. And I did it! I followed the instructions to the t!

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Gene
Sent: May 25, 2022 9:33 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

You can read about it and download it here:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/wintenApps.en.html

You can get Outlook 2013 to work with it if you use an application specific password from Google. 

Whatever you do, you may want to check to see if messages are being deleted from the server when you delete them using Windows Mail.  I am not saying my experience is typical or represents others' experiences, but using GMail, when I delete a message using Windows Mail, it remains on the server, I believe in the inbox.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 11:09 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

 

I’m now using the mail app because outlook 2013 is no longer working with my gmail account. Where do I get the new version of windows 10 app esentials? I think I might need it for the mail app which I’m now using. I can read some messages in the mail app but not others. This add-on might be helpful.

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

.

 

 

 

 

 


Gene
 

It is accessible, but its a very simple program.  If you do any more than things such as send and receive mail, such as use message rules, the program isn't able to do them.

Gene

On 5/26/2022 1:02 AM, Ravindran V.S. wrote:

Hi,

Just how good this mail app with NVDA? Is it fully accessible? And is it free?

I have been using the Outlook ap.

Thanks,

Ravi.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2022 9:34 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

, for some strange reason the mail app became badly corrupt.  If this happens to anybody. You go to the start menue, find your mail app. Do not open it. Hold down the shift key and hit f ten.  Arrow to where you will hear any screen reader say more. You’ll see things like uninstall and other things I can’t remember. But hit enter where you hear more. After that. You’ll hear something like unpin from start menue. Move to settings.  You’ll see something like mail on calendar onn etc.  Tab until you see reset.  After that. Go back to settings witch you’d do this by  holding down the windows key. Hit I. Then go to apps and features. If you don’t see the mail app. In that place go to Microsoft store.  In there, type in the search field “mail calendar” Once you see that. Get it. Once that’s done. Go to mail and add your account.  If you use gmail witch I do.  You will be warned that you are allowing windows to get your messages from gmail site you can delete them in the mail app and other stuff.  You have to allow it.  You type in your gmail address and password  and your name. Then once that’s done you’re good to go. 

I hope this info is clear.

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Gene
Sent: May 25, 2022 8:42 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

So you are talking about the Windows Mail app itself.  I couldn't tell what you had done.

It doesn't sound to me as though Rosemary is having the same problem.  Rosemary only said her mail isn't automatically being read aloud in all cases, indicating that it is being downloaded but that some messages need to be manually read.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 10:21 PM, Arlene wrote:

Thanks. I even went to the addons page and got the addon for windows ten mail.  For some strange reason the windows ten app became corrupt I could not open it. I had to go to the google site to read my mail. I went to the start menue, I did the applications key to move the app to settings. Then I reset the app and I had to redownload it from the Microsoft store. Then I signed up and put gmail on it. When I had Microsoft word ten witch used outlook it doesn’t work for windows ten. Before I quit using outlook. For some strange reason I had to go to google to allow outlook to use gmail.  Just like rosemary she’s having that same problem. You have to keep allowing it just to do gmail. That’s the same with this windows ten ap. I had to allow it. When I did all this. I used Jaws.  But with getting the addon I used NVDA. This took from Sunday to today. I did lots of reading and I did it slowly so I won’t mess anything up.   

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Kim Vaughn
Sent: May 25, 2022 4:42 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

Great Job, Arleen.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 5:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

Hi list! I got my windows ten app to finally work!  I had to get the windows app from the Microsoft store.  I had to read the account. I had to allow it since I’m using gmail.  Usually I get a friend to fix these things for me. But I did it myself! Woo hoo.  I went on google / start page to read how to fix the windows ten app. And I did it! I followed the instructions to the t!

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Gene
Sent: May 25, 2022 9:33 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

You can read about it and download it here:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/wintenApps.en.html

You can get Outlook 2013 to work with it if you use an application specific password from Google. 

Whatever you do, you may want to check to see if messages are being deleted from the server when you delete them using Windows Mail.  I am not saying my experience is typical or represents others' experiences, but using GMail, when I delete a message using Windows Mail, it remains on the server, I believe in the inbox.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 11:09 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

 

I’m now using the mail app because outlook 2013 is no longer working with my gmail account. Where do I get the new version of windows 10 app esentials? I think I might need it for the mail app which I’m now using. I can read some messages in the mail app but not others. This add-on might be helpful.

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

.

 

 

 

 

 



Ravindran V.S.
 

Thank you Gene for the response.

So I have to stick with Outlook.

Regards,

Ravi.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2022 12:20 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

It is accessible, but its a very simple program.  If you do any more than things such as send and receive mail, such as use message rules, the program isn't able to do them.

Gene

On 5/26/2022 1:02 AM, Ravindran V.S. wrote:

Hi,

Just how good this mail app with NVDA? Is it fully accessible? And is it free?

I have been using the Outlook ap.

Thanks,

Ravi.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2022 9:34 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

, for some strange reason the mail app became badly corrupt.  If this happens to anybody. You go to the start menue, find your mail app. Do not open it. Hold down the shift key and hit f ten.  Arrow to where you will hear any screen reader say more. You’ll see things like uninstall and other things I can’t remember. But hit enter where you hear more. After that. You’ll hear something like unpin from start menue. Move to settings.  You’ll see something like mail on calendar onn etc.  Tab until you see reset.  After that. Go back to settings witch you’d do this by  holding down the windows key. Hit I. Then go to apps and features. If you don’t see the mail app. In that place go to Microsoft store.  In there, type in the search field “mail calendar” Once you see that. Get it. Once that’s done. Go to mail and add your account.  If you use gmail witch I do.  You will be warned that you are allowing windows to get your messages from gmail site you can delete them in the mail app and other stuff.  You have to allow it.  You type in your gmail address and password  and your name. Then once that’s done you’re good to go. 

I hope this info is clear.

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Gene
Sent: May 25, 2022 8:42 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

So you are talking about the Windows Mail app itself.  I couldn't tell what you had done.

It doesn't sound to me as though Rosemary is having the same problem.  Rosemary only said her mail isn't automatically being read aloud in all cases, indicating that it is being downloaded but that some messages need to be manually read.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 10:21 PM, Arlene wrote:

Thanks. I even went to the addons page and got the addon for windows ten mail.  For some strange reason the windows ten app became corrupt I could not open it. I had to go to the google site to read my mail. I went to the start menue, I did the applications key to move the app to settings. Then I reset the app and I had to redownload it from the Microsoft store. Then I signed up and put gmail on it. When I had Microsoft word ten witch used outlook it doesn’t work for windows ten. Before I quit using outlook. For some strange reason I had to go to google to allow outlook to use gmail.  Just like rosemary she’s having that same problem. You have to keep allowing it just to do gmail. That’s the same with this windows ten ap. I had to allow it. When I did all this. I used Jaws.  But with getting the addon I used NVDA. This took from Sunday to today. I did lots of reading and I did it slowly so I won’t mess anything up.   

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Kim Vaughn
Sent: May 25, 2022 4:42 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

Great Job, Arleen.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 5:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

Hi list! I got my windows ten app to finally work!  I had to get the windows app from the Microsoft store.  I had to read the account. I had to allow it since I’m using gmail.  Usually I get a friend to fix these things for me. But I did it myself! Woo hoo.  I went on google / start page to read how to fix the windows ten app. And I did it! I followed the instructions to the t!

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Gene
Sent: May 25, 2022 9:33 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

You can read about it and download it here:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/wintenApps.en.html

You can get Outlook 2013 to work with it if you use an application specific password from Google. 

Whatever you do, you may want to check to see if messages are being deleted from the server when you delete them using Windows Mail.  I am not saying my experience is typical or represents others' experiences, but using GMail, when I delete a message using Windows Mail, it remains on the server, I believe in the inbox.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 11:09 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

 

I’m now using the mail app because outlook 2013 is no longer working with my gmail account. Where do I get the new version of windows 10 app esentials? I think I might need it for the mail app which I’m now using. I can read some messages in the mail app but not others. This add-on might be helpful.

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Gene
 

There are other good alternatives.  Thunderbird works well and is a complex program.

Gene

On 5/26/2022 1:55 AM, Ravindran V.S. wrote:

Thank you Gene for the response.

So I have to stick with Outlook.

Regards,

Ravi.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2022 12:20 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

It is accessible, but its a very simple program.  If you do any more than things such as send and receive mail, such as use message rules, the program isn't able to do them.

Gene

On 5/26/2022 1:02 AM, Ravindran V.S. wrote:

Hi,

Just how good this mail app with NVDA? Is it fully accessible? And is it free?

I have been using the Outlook ap.

Thanks,

Ravi.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2022 9:34 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

, for some strange reason the mail app became badly corrupt.  If this happens to anybody. You go to the start menue, find your mail app. Do not open it. Hold down the shift key and hit f ten.  Arrow to where you will hear any screen reader say more. You’ll see things like uninstall and other things I can’t remember. But hit enter where you hear more. After that. You’ll hear something like unpin from start menue. Move to settings.  You’ll see something like mail on calendar onn etc.  Tab until you see reset.  After that. Go back to settings witch you’d do this by  holding down the windows key. Hit I. Then go to apps and features. If you don’t see the mail app. In that place go to Microsoft store.  In there, type in the search field “mail calendar” Once you see that. Get it. Once that’s done. Go to mail and add your account.  If you use gmail witch I do.  You will be warned that you are allowing windows to get your messages from gmail site you can delete them in the mail app and other stuff.  You have to allow it.  You type in your gmail address and password  and your name. Then once that’s done you’re good to go. 

I hope this info is clear.

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Gene
Sent: May 25, 2022 8:42 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

So you are talking about the Windows Mail app itself.  I couldn't tell what you had done.

It doesn't sound to me as though Rosemary is having the same problem.  Rosemary only said her mail isn't automatically being read aloud in all cases, indicating that it is being downloaded but that some messages need to be manually read.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 10:21 PM, Arlene wrote:

Thanks. I even went to the addons page and got the addon for windows ten mail.  For some strange reason the windows ten app became corrupt I could not open it. I had to go to the google site to read my mail. I went to the start menue, I did the applications key to move the app to settings. Then I reset the app and I had to redownload it from the Microsoft store. Then I signed up and put gmail on it. When I had Microsoft word ten witch used outlook it doesn’t work for windows ten. Before I quit using outlook. For some strange reason I had to go to google to allow outlook to use gmail.  Just like rosemary she’s having that same problem. You have to keep allowing it just to do gmail. That’s the same with this windows ten ap. I had to allow it. When I did all this. I used Jaws.  But with getting the addon I used NVDA. This took from Sunday to today. I did lots of reading and I did it slowly so I won’t mess anything up.   

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Kim Vaughn
Sent: May 25, 2022 4:42 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

Great Job, Arleen.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 5:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

Hi list! I got my windows ten app to finally work!  I had to get the windows app from the Microsoft store.  I had to read the account. I had to allow it since I’m using gmail.  Usually I get a friend to fix these things for me. But I did it myself! Woo hoo.  I went on google / start page to read how to fix the windows ten app. And I did it! I followed the instructions to the t!

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Gene
Sent: May 25, 2022 9:33 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials add-on

 

You can read about it and download it here:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/wintenApps.en.html

You can get Outlook 2013 to work with it if you use an application specific password from Google. 

Whatever you do, you may want to check to see if messages are being deleted from the server when you delete them using Windows Mail.  I am not saying my experience is typical or represents others' experiences, but using GMail, when I delete a message using Windows Mail, it remains on the server, I believe in the inbox.

Gene

On 5/25/2022 11:09 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

 

I’m now using the mail app because outlook 2013 is no longer working with my gmail account. Where do I get the new version of windows 10 app esentials? I think I might need it for the mail app which I’m now using. I can read some messages in the mail app but not others. This add-on might be helpful.

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Rosemarie

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

.